Sign in to follow this  
Will Crane

Regina spektor posers

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by Come on Bartender- it's real love!:

I never listened to Hilary duff... In fact, until around Jan of 2006 when i became addicted to vh1 top 20 (where i discovered reginka) I listened to virtually no music at all except the occasional oldies radio on long car trips. but since regina, i listen to music constantly...

That's funny. Before Regina (last fall), I didn't listen to much music either. Since Regina, I listen all the time...

THATS CRAZY! I've been obsessed with music since i was born. thats probably because my dad is in a band all my life i have been surrounded by music Big Grin

Guys I have to admit, I am a BTHer (hopefully not in a negative way though). Since the first Regina song I heard was Fidelity on VH1, while getting ready for class one moring last november/december. Admittedly at first I was unconvinced by the hea-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-arting. But once I acutually sat down and watched and listened to the words, I was hooked. My best friend got me BTH for Christmas and over the summer I acquired all of the earlier albums.

I managed to see her, now infamous, show the the Agora theater. To say the least,I was totally blown away. Sure her songs were awesome, witty, and unique on her albums, but she can actually sing! Which seems rare at concerts these days.

So long story short, I think you guys are awesome and seem to know everything about Regina here. So I finally decided to stop lurking and say hey.

ooh, just a few seconds ago my Mum showed me an advertisement in a magazine she gets from her work and it has Regina's picture on it with Begin To Hope and Soviet Kitsch.

except they have " High Fidelity" written under it. Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by ghost of corporate future:

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by Come on Bartender- it's real love!:

I never listened to Hilary duff... In fact, until around Jan of 2006 when i became addicted to vh1 top 20 (where i discovered reginka) I listened to virtually no music at all except the occasional oldies radio on long car trips. but since regina, i listen to music constantly...

That's funny. Before Regina (last fall), I didn't listen to much music either. Since Regina, I listen all the time...

THATS CRAZY! I've been obsessed with music since i was born. thats probably because my dad is in a band all my life i have been surrounded by music Big Grin

Before Regina for me was dulll. I used to listen to like two bands and some random songs but then once I started to listen to Regina my music love EXPLODED. Now I can't get enough new music and I all I want to do it spend hours looking for CDs

Hmmm, I'm considered a red neck yet I've never worked on a farm (like all "country" singers), I've always listened to mainstream music (except when I got in to reggae in the early 80's at OU), I love Christmas but distrust all religion, I love all people but hate them in traffic...

And yes, I own several Reg Cd's (and am on my way to a second show) but fell in love with BTH.

Poser? Hell, I'm a freakin' fraud.

quote:
Hmmm, I'm considered a red neck yet I've never worked on a farm (like all "country" singers), I've always listened to mainstream music (except when I got in to reggae in the early 80's at OU), I love Christmas but distrust all religion, I love all people but hate them in traffic...

And yes, I own several Reg Cd's (and am on my way to a second show) but fell in love with BTH.

Poser? Hell, I'm a freakin' fraud.

Feel ya, Sunshine. I mean, I didn't fall in love with BTH (proud Soviet Kitsch-er lolSmiler) but this whole "regina spektor poser" thing is a little silly. Does it really matter what songs of Regina someone likes, and songs that they don't like? I'll admit, I get a little pissed off when people are saying, "oh my God, I LOVE Regina Spektor!" and all they know is Fidelity, Samson and On the Radio [even though they're all good songs.] But at least they know who she is, and enjoy listening to choice songs. They bought her album and support her right? So does it really matter whether they're full blown spektorfanatiks(trademark Yablonya hehe!) or not?