Bulletin Posts

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

I am officially in love with Ingrid Michaelson. Seriously, she's so fudgin' awesome.

Overboard is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

woo me too! fave ingrid video...can't wait to see her in september!

PURE WIN

also, i have an immortal fish. he will NEVER die. he just really really wants to go back to college with me. apparently.

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

I am officially in love with Ingrid Michaelson. Seriously, she's so fudgin' awesome.

Overboard is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

woo me too! fave ingrid video...can't wait to see her in september!

PURE WIN

Thank you, that was lovely. And so is

. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

One would think that it would be amongst the most highly monitored air spaces on this planet.

My father is a pilot, so he explained to me that basically what happened is that there is this "corridor" over the river where you can fly under 1100 feet VFR (meaning that you don't have to fly based on instruments, you can fly based on visuals because there are no clouds) where you don't have to communicate with Air Traffic Control, only with the other pilots in the area. So essentially, ATC does not police this corridor. It's like an air highway, this accident somewhat like an automobile accident on a regular highway. It's a very narrow space, with aircraft traveling both directions. My father won't even fly down the corridor because it is so narrow.

So basically, this corridor area is NOT monitored, which may be one of the reasons the accident occurred.