Bulletin Posts

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

Hello folks Smiler Just checking in. Since when is this no longer Bulletin Posts? =/

Eh, since drama. Nothing worth mentioning.

It's nice to hear from you! How've you been?

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

Hello folks Smiler Just checking in. Since when is this no longer Bulletin Posts? =/

Eh, since drama. Nothing worth mentioning.

It's nice to hear from you! How've you been?

Quite alright, thanks Smiler Just the usual, work, school, trying to have a social life. How about yourself?

So, like, a mod should split this thread at the second post, delete the parent original post, and retitle the split thread as "Bulletin board".

'nyway, Happy Mother's Day!

I stumbled upon this Youtube video while watching a video about clean energy:

A World without Moms -

SNL guest Stefon, the City Correspondent, on where to take your mother out

http://gawker.com/#!5799694/he...s-snl-worth-watching

edit:

"Dots of Boredom" by Amy Castle

(0:19 video)

Amy Castle - "You're My Honeybunch" (The Cuppycake Song) - words by Judianna Castle, vocals by Amy at age 3 years and 10 months in 1994

(lyrics)

(original)

(ft. Sam)

You're my honeybunch, sugarplum, pumpy-umpy-umpkin, you're my sweetie pie. You're my cuppycake, gumdrop, snoogums-boogums, you're the apple of my eye. And I love you so and I want you to know, that I'll always be right here, and I love to sing sweet songs to you, because you are so dear.

This is still the Bulletin Board, right?

Please don't read this if you haven't seen Doctor Who 6x04: "The Doctor’s Wife" by Neil Gaiman yet.

Omg, thank you Neil Gaiman for the best episode of Doctor Who ever -- "The Doctor's Wife". Words can't describe how satisfying, lovely, and fun that episode was. The soul of the TARDIS is temporarily personified in a woman called "Sexy" and the Doctor is mad about her and they say hello. Oh wow, Neil Gaiman and Steven Moffat have got the sickest mad minds.

The Doctor: I really don't know what to do. That's a new feeling. *slaps self*

Doctor: Sorry - do you have a name?

TARDIS: Seven hundred years, finally he asks!

Doctor: But what do I call you?

TARDIS: I think you call me… ‘Sexy’.

Doctor: Only when we’re alone!

TARDIS: We are alone!

Doctor: Oh… come on then, Sexy!

TARDIS: I’ve been looking for a word. A big, complicated word but so sad. I’ve found it now.

Doctor: What word?

TARDIS: ’Alive’. I’m alive.

Doctor: ‘Alive’ isn’t sad.

TARDIS: It’s sad when it’s over. I’ll always be here. But this is when we talked. And now, even that has come to an end. There’s something I didn’t get to say to you.

Doctor: ‘Goodbye.’

TARDIS: No - I just wanted to say… ‘hello’. Hello, Doctor. It’s so very, very nice to meet you.

Doctor: Please. I don’t want you to… please.

^ PLEASE PLEASE DON'T read this if you haven't seen the episode.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

This is still the Bulletin Board, right?

Please don't read this if you haven't seen Doctor Who 6x04: "The Doctor’s Wife" by Neil Gaiman yet.

Omg, thank you Neil Gaiman for the best episode of Doctor Who ever -- "The Doctor's Wife". Words can't describe how satisfying, lovely, and fun that episode was. The soul of the TARDIS is temporarily personified in a woman called "Sexy" and the Doctor is mad about her and they say hello. Oh wow, Neil Gaiman and Steven Moffat have got the sickest mad minds.

The Doctor: I really don't know what to do. That's a new feeling. *slaps self*

Doctor: Sorry - do you have a name?

TARDIS: Seven hundred years, finally he asks!

Doctor: But what do I call you?

TARDIS: I think you call me… ‘Sexy’.

Doctor: Only when we’re alone!

TARDIS: We are alone!

Doctor: Oh… come on then, Sexy!

TARDIS: I’ve been looking for a word. A big, complicated word but so sad. I’ve found it now.

Doctor: What word?

TARDIS: ’Alive’. I’m alive.

Doctor: ‘Alive’ isn’t sad.

TARDIS: It’s sad when it’s over. I’ll always be here. But this is when we talked. And now, even that has come to an end. There’s something I didn’t get to say to you.

Doctor: ‘Goodbye.’

TARDIS: No - I just wanted to say… ‘hello’. Hello, Doctor. It’s so very, very nice to meet you.

Doctor: Please. I don’t want you to… please.

^ PLEASE PLEASE DON'T read this if you haven't seen the episode.

Thanks for the disclaimer. I'm watching season 3 right now.

Omg, season 3 and the end of season 2 before that were the first I watched, then I went back and watched the 1996 movie and every episode since then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...erials#Eighth_Doctor

The David Tennant/Russell T. Davies era was grand and epic, but wait till you get to Matt Smith - it gets dark and even more fantastical. You're in for a great time and so much intergalatic planetary cosmic fun and madness.

I gotta do this now. If I had to rank them, my favorite episodes:

1) "The Doctor's Wife" Neil Gaiman (11, S6)

2) "The Doctor's Daughter" by Stephen Greenhorn (10, S4)

3) "Blink" by Steven Moffat (10, S3)

4) "The Girl in the Fireplace" by Steven Moffat (10, S2)

5) "Vincent and the Doctor" by Richard Curtis (11, S5)

6) "Midnight" by Russell T Davies (10, S4)

7) "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" by Steven Moffat (9, S1)

8) "Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead" by Steven Moffat (10, S3)

9) "The Shakespeare Code" by Gareth Roberts (10, S3)

10) "Rise of the Cybermen"/"The Age of Steel" by Tom MacRae (10, S2)

It's a bit biased towards David Tennant because I made the list while looking at the episode list chronologically. ;-P

Matt Smith is such a zany mad man that he's made me forget David. Karen Gillan/Amy Pond makes me forget everything else, naturally.

edit: another thought that came to me: I wish I had a TARDIS so I could impress girls and fuck John Lennon. or you know, save him, at least.

I think my favorite episodes so far are The Impossible Planet and The Devils Pit? After that I'd have to say is the first Dalek episode from season one, which I think is episode 4 or 5, and then the season finale of of 2. Lolz, so much drama. Love it.

Also, I freakin' love Daleks. I think I might need to buy a little like five inch figurine of one (but only if it says EXTERMINATE!).

I just watched the Confidential for that episode (which I don't normally do because Confidential is hard to find around the web and sometimes it's boring to review what you just saw) and it was lovely. We get to see Neil Gaiman tour everything and have him give us a tour while at it.

I usually find the links to stream episodes somewhere on the web or HD links on reddit.com/r/doctorwho or from

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-show...ctor-Who--2005-_221/

One of these days I'm going to go back and watch all the Confidential behind-the-scene episodes to reminiscence.

edit: I like the Ood, the Weeping Angels, and the Silents or The Silence. And the shadow of Vashta Nerada. And the Judoon (the intergalactic police) and the Sycorax and the reptilian race Silurians underground. And The Master, he counts as an alien arch-nemesis I guess.

I just realized that this december is going to be the tenth anniversary of Songs being recorded! We should have some kind of celebration! Anyone else agree?

I had a staring contest with a kid today. I was accompanying my dad to the mall. My dad takes a reaaally long time inspecting whatever the heck is in his way. I lost. This is why I should wear sun-glasses when I go out. Because even kids intimidate me. Stop noticing me.