Bulletin Posts

I reckon the new album (maybe the new single as well) will bring us some fresh stixers... That would be so nice, it's been pretty quiet lately! (I have been as quiet as anyone else, I admit, but I just don't have anything interesting to say, I guess.)

Also, I just read this thread back a little and saw the posts about Doctor Who and New Girl... Why am I always so late??? So yes, currently watching both shows. With Doctor Who I'm at season five, suffering a huge post-David Tennant/Russel T. Davies-depression. There's nothing wrong with Matt Smith, apart from the fact that he's not David Tennant. Oh yes I am a lame fangirl! Big Grin New Girl hasn't impressed me so far, but since the third episode just came out in Finland, I'm not giving up on it yet. But it'd better get better. Soon.

I have just discovered this serie (Doctor Who). This is.. Strange. And hilarious too! It was an episode with little creatures made ​​of fat. I could not stop laughing, these fat balls were so cute. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

Also, I just read this thread back a little and saw the posts about Doctor Who and New Girl... Why am I always so late??? So yes, currently watching both shows. With Doctor Who I'm at season five, suffering a huge post-David Tennant/Russel T. Davies-depression. There's nothing wrong with Matt Smith, apart from the fact that he's not David Tennant. Oh yes I am a lame fangirl! Big Grin

I was the same way when David Tennant left! I think a lot of people were.. I love Matt Smith's Doctor, though, almost as much as I love David Tennant's. It took me a while to warm up to him, but believe me when I say you'll get there, too!

One thing I will say about Matt Smith is that Eleven's quirks and nuances don't really start appearing until later on in Season 5, then they stay for Season 6. Smiler

YAY for having so many DW nerds here! <3 (Please understand that I use the term 'nerd' in the most loving sense of the word. Big Grin). I don't know if I've ever fallen so hard and fast for any other show... Love it! I'm not really a sci-fi fan, but I guess that's mostly because I don't really like traditional action movies or shows. With DW it's different - it's the characters and the stories and the worlds that make this show, not big guns or fast spaceships. Works for me!

I think giving up Tennant is so hard for me pertially because I started with season two, so for me he is the first and the original. After that I watched the first season with Eccleston as the Doctor and I liked him a lot, but it took me a while to get used to him. And now, knowing that there will be no more Tennant doing the role... It breaks my heart! I have developed this funny/annoying ghost-Tennant syndrome - sometimes when Matt Smiths says a line or does a gesture or something, I can just see and hear in my head how Tennant would do it. (Okay, that sounded creepy. It's not. At least I hope it's not... Big Grin) But I guess I'll get used to and learn to like Eleven. I'm just pretty uncomfortable with them changing everything at once - the main actor and writer and producer and the companion and even the Tardis and Sonic! But again, the show is too great to let these things bother me too much. I will learn to embrace the new stuff. Smiler

quote:
YAY for having so many DW nerds here! <3 (Please understand that I use the term 'nerd' in the most loving sense of the word. Big Grin)

You can freely call me a nerd, I'm definitely deserving of the title... I may or may not have... a sonic screwdriver in real life... lolz.

quote:
I think giving up Tennant is so hard for me pertially because I started with season two, so for me he is the first and the original. After that I watched the first season with Eccleston as the Doctor and I liked him a lot, but it took me a while to get used to him. And now, knowing that there will be no more Tennant doing the role... It breaks my heart! I have developed this funny/annoying ghost-Tennant syndrome - sometimes when Matt Smiths says a line or does a gesture or something, I can just see and hear in my head how Tennant would do it. (Okay, that sounded creepy. It's not. At least I hope it's not... Big Grin) But I guess I'll get used to and learn to like Eleven. I'm just pretty uncomfortable with them changing everything at once - the main actor and writer and producer and the companion and even the Tardis and Sonic! But again, the show is too great to let these things bother me too much. I will learn to embrace the new stuff. Smiler

It's a really abrupt change, so it's all completely understandable. And I'm not gonna lie, I also had the "ghost-Tennant syndrome" thing, haha.

Man, did I cry when he regenerated... -.-

Also, on a side note, they started filming season 7, and I'm super pumped for it! Last season was fantastic.

(also also:

)

quote:
You can freely call me a nerd, I'm definitely deserving of the title... I may or may not have... a sonic screwdriver in real life... lolz.

My friends and I call ourselves and each other nerds so freely and lovingly that I tend to forget that other people might not immediately see it as a positive definition, hence the explanation. Personally, I am so much better off being a nerd than being 'cool'. It would be awful to be cool! Cool people never get to be super excited and they can't express themselves freely or act all silly or admit how much they LOVE something or someone, cause they have to be so cool all the time. I like nerds. With imagination, curiosity and enormous capacity to get excited about stuff. (I may or may not... WANT... a sonic screwdriver... SO BAD...)

Phew, it seems I am not the sole sufferer of ghost-Tennant syndrome... Big Grin I'm nearing the end of season five and getting closer and closer to Neil Gaiman's episode. I'm so looking forward to it!

Chameleon Circuit is so much fun. I've been quite cautious with them so that I wouldn't run into any spoilers by accident. Luckily I'll soon catch up with everybody else and will be able to listen to them freely.