Sign in to follow this  
Might Make A dollar

So many frickin' songs... What will become of it?

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

no, i have grown wayyyyy to attached to some live recs. that i dont want studio versions...

ive grown to know every little scream and cell phone ring and live nuance that its just to personal <3333333

Same here! Like on my recording of Folding Chair, Regina does the whole "sounds like summer" thing. I can't imagine listening to Folding Chair without her cute little introduction.

So while it'd be awesome to hear a polished, produced version of all of her songs, I hope she keeps some of her songs strictly live performances only.

don't you wish that sometimes you could hear her, like, actual voice, like, instead of, like, the, like, jenny bubblegums screaming, y'know?

or "dog and pony" which I'm pretty sure was recorded on someone's voice mail. I wouldn't want produced versions, for an album or anything, but just regi's voice clearly... and audible... *drools*

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna:

Same here! Like on my recording of Folding Chair, Regina does the whole "sounds like summer" thing. I can't imagine listening to Folding Chair without her cute little introduction.

So while it'd be awesome to hear a polished, produced version of all of her songs, I hope she keeps some of her songs strictly live performances only.

I have a feeling that she will keep a ton of them live only, becuase she seems to be embarrased by some or just has her reasons for keeping them live. I almost wish that Uh-Merica would have stayed live and not gone ontoBTH.

Well, I have to say, in a perfect world, I would have studio versions of ALL. After all, you still have the live versions...

I really would like to hear her voice, and even the melody, a bit more clearly on some oldies. (I am a little hard of hearing, which may be part of the problem.) And then, wouldn't you like to hear the END of Rockland County?

Yesterday we were discussing Chelsea Hotel. Someone posted a really nice clear version she did on the radio. I really like it. But I happen to prefer the Jewish Heritage version, though it's less perfect.

But since I have both, I can choose!!!

quote:
Yesterday we were discussing Chelsea Hotel. Someone posted a really nice clear version she did on the radio.

That was MEEEE. Wink I actually said that I liked the Jewish Heritage version the best too, as a performance (and because of the cello), but just that it was nice to have that clean "soundcheck" version, because there's also a distorted BBC radio version out there in wide circulation, and I hadn't found the cleaner American radio version on any of our usual sources for Regina's "b-sides."

I actually recorded the American version off of streaming audio from the radio station as I sat in a hotel room in Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin the week it was on. I remember it vividly! Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

I cannot find a clean version of Loveology...I wish there was a studio version of that!

I'm sure somebody has a less noisy version...I want it! Please!

Melissa, I think we all have the same version. There's really only one, isn't there?