Sign in to follow this  
Guest listen

Wish we were still 7-11.

Guest listen

When I was young.. young being a thing you are forever when you have an older brother or sister telling you their secrets, or a mother or father to watch you go to sleep.. I did not have so many friends. I lived in a small town, and was a rather ungainly kid, with big glasses, a confused concern for acceptance, and a fear of sleeping alone.

Guest listen

When I was young.. young being a thing you are forever when you have an older brother or sister telling you their secrets, or a mother or father to watch you go to sleep.. I did not have so many friends. I lived in a small town, and was a rather ungainly kid, with big glasses, a confused concern for acceptance, and a fear of sleeping alone.

that was an amazing story.... it makes me want to put food coloring into my soy milk, and build a fort.... i used to build forts with my little bro... also, if you haven't read it yet, you might enjoy this book called "Karlson" by Astrid Lindgren, of the Pippi Longstoking fame... Karlson is well known in Russia, but not here... It is about a little (very little) middle aged mad with a propeler in his back and a button on his stomach that activates the flight mechanism, who he befriends this 7 year old boy... and no one belives the boy's adventures, but it's much deeper than that.... i hope jingles visits you again sometime...

when i was like 3 to 10 years old, me and cousin or friends would build forts...we always played little games like that..we're make them from blankets, and fold out cushion chairs and pillows and umbrellas. we used to be really cruel. we would lock my grandmother into rooms with furniture so we could watch this program that we loved and she hated. what we loved she hated and vice versa. she's living with us now and i cant help but think of her reading me stories when i was three in bulgarian and russian. i translated for her and guests when i was 3. I still feel guilty, but i wouldnt have remembered anything if my cousin hadnt reminded me, but when me and my cousin and soul-sister would make forts, we would giggle and eat flat pancakes and pastries with powdered sugar on them and drink juice pretending we were having a tea party.

I also remember making forts with my brother...fun stuff.....we used to stretch blankets across the whole room. and use music stand and different things to hold them up.......We'd sleep in them and have lights...haha and one time we blew out the lights in the house because one of the wires got entangled in the stand and man we were scared....I thought I burnt myself.