Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

TV Shows You Can't Live Without...

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

I don't watch that much TV, but my favorite shows are House, That '70s Show, Grounded for Life, and America's Next Top Model. Smiler

Oh I'm so sad I used to love America's Next Top Model (guilty pleasure?) but at college the station comes in unbearably fuzzy and there is no audio except a loud screeching noise. I tried to watch it with subtitles but the delay drove me crazy. So for now I have my tv at home set to record the episodes and I'll catch up during Christmas break. How's the season so far?

You can't really beat last season. There were some characters in that group!

Seems like this year their big gimmick is the girl with Aspergers. And the girl they've typecasted as "the bitch" really doesn't seem so bitchy to me. But I've only seen 2 3 episodes.

I thought, after the first episode, that I couldn't live without the new Dutch comedy show "Draadstaal" (Wire-iron). Though, last friday I missed it and I'm still alive Wink

It's such a brilliant show. At last there is a good successor to "Van Kooten en de Bie", the now retired godfathers of Dutch topical telivision comedy/cabaret. There's not much like it "abroad"... It's character-cabaret, which is very hard to do well, but the characters portrayed in Draadstaal and all works of Van Kooten & De Bie are so original and funny that you could forget about the fact that each pair of them is done by the same 2 guys... It's like Chapelle's show with more varied characters and without studio scenes and standupping.

Does anybody watch any of the FX original series shows?

Damages just finished up and I loved it. Glenn Close was phenominal. Rescue Me with Dennis Leary is probably the most under rated show around. The Shield is a great look at the LA crime scene. Nip/Tuck is probably the weakest of them all yet still better than most of the crap on network TV.