Sign in to follow this  
howmuchbetter

Your favorite movies?

howmuchbetter: yesss, dustin hoffman is such a great actor! I've been meaning to rent tootsie again and well, who can NOT love The Graduate? and Kramer vs. Kramer?! he's done some awesome stuff(I loved Hook too lol)

Crispy: hehe, you're right! I've actually gone on a few director/write/actor sprees when renting movies actually, I go kind of crazy over someone and have to see all their movies...right now I'm on Woody Allen stuff and renting his whole catalogue(well, as much as blockbuster online carries), and before that it was Peter Sellers(love him!) but yes, I went through a big JPJ phase a while back, his style is just so wonderfully storybook and yet urban and dark at the same time...I love it Smiler

I gotta agree with the 5th element too, I just love chris tucker, hehe...RUBY RHOD! :P as for harold and maude being disturbing, aww...well Brewster McCloud(another Bud Cort movie) was kinda dark as well but I just love him as an actor, he's great... I thought H&M was a sweet film about growing up, unique! and as for Cat Stevens, I need to get more into his music to be honest, I only have a few of his songs but they're all wonderful. his music was perfect for the movie I think Smiler

Since I LIVE in stream of consciousness, I will just add to my list periodically based on what I see you guys add.

Maya: Dustin Hoffman is ABSOLUTE genius. For some reason, when I watched him on Inside the Actor's Studio, I felt...touched, in a way. Not in a sappy way, but in the way you felt when you walked into that one class you had in high school where the teacher is SO passionate about what he or she is teaching that you want nothing more than to indulge in it with them. If you haven't seen it, look for it.

And I declare that Volodya has made quotes just as acceptable. My favorite line from Fifth Element is everything Milla Jovovich's character says in the divine tongue. She was adorable in that film. 'Oooooh, dankoo! :3'

Anchorman: 'HEY, RON! I'M RIDING A FURRY TRACTOR.'

Fight Club is absolutely, without a doubt, one of my favorite films of all time. Top five, for sure, but (and this is the COMPLETE opposite of what Palahniuk intended when writing the story) I tend to identify more with Tyler than any other character, so I avoid watching it very often. In general, NOBODY should watch it around Christmastime. Seriously. Just trust me.

Love, Actually: 'Where the f*** is my f***ing coat?!' Another one of my all time favorite films, which is a MIRACLE of some sort, since the movie is actually a (mostly) HAPPY one.

8 1/2 and La Dolce Vita. Fellini was amazing.

Gia. Because I'm a heterosexual male.

First person to say Donnie Darko gets stoned. Not in the fun way, either.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

I hope that Regina will be on CSI:NY real soon! But does that mean I have to watch the first several seasons just to watch the ones she'll be in? Dilemmas...

usually CSI's arent really like that. they are pretty entertaining wherever you jump in.

Did we do a 'favourite movies' thread already?!

Well anyway right now I can't get enough of Death Proof, Tipping the Velvet (BBC), and my friends and I have developed a really weird fasination with the Rocky Horror Picture Show... Bizzaro!

Pan's Labyrinth! One of the best films ever for sure.

Plus Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Amélie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Sleepy Hollow, Hot Fuzz...

You people seem to have very good taste, I must say. Smiler

i love so many movies.. ive already been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to narrow it down to a list of my top ten and i just cant. but at the very top, is Pan's Labyrinth. that has to be my all time favorite movie, thanks to a few recommendations from people here

Smiler

so thanks guys!