Sign in to follow this  
howmuchbetter

Your favorite movies?

quote:
Originally posted by howmuchbetter:

It was in fact Johnny Depp, and Ed Wood was FANTASTIC.

He's going to be in the upcoming Sweeny Todd movie. Which is...directed by Tim Burton. NEVER SAW THAT ONE COMING.

Did you ever see the documentary called Lost in La Mancha about when Terry Gilliam (or Monty Python, also director of Brazil) tried to make a movie of Don Quixote with Johnny Depp, among others? The whole thing was a complete disaster, due to actors' health problems, weird terrible weather, and Gilliam's zany personality.

It's very interesting to see that film and then watch some of the "making of" features about the Lord of the Rings. What a contrast! Peter Jackson seems extremely decisive, confident, and capable. The project is huge yet everything falls into place. But Jackson might not be as nice as Gilliam...

Monday usually means movie night, and tonight its my turn to pick the movie... I was gunna go for Natural Born Killers - 'cause we're having this really weird faze of watching really fucked up movies.

So yeah I'm adding that to my favourites. Its not usually my cup of tea but there is something about it I really like... Not just the opening scene of Juliette Lewis dancing to L7's Shitlist (I promise!) then beating the shit outta a random guy for hitting on her lol

It's either that or True Romance... hmm tough choice.

The "oldies" would have to be all of the Godfathers and Goodfellas, Scarface, We're No Angels. and I just saw this really good old French film (something you might be interested in Perks if you read this Wink) called "Le Quai de Brummes" about this war-hardened soldier who falls in love with a prostitute and... it's kinda complicated and long but awesome.

And then "newer" stuff is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Zoolander, Spinal Tap, Princess Bride, and Meet the Parents. And Eastern Promise was REALLY good (and violent, of course). Did anyone see it?

And I want to see the Darjeeling Limited, it looks weird.

I like movies Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Yablonya:

i want to see that so bad! i <33 jason schwartzman. shopgirl is one of my favorite movies.

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna:

quote:
Originally posted by Yablonya:

i want to see that so bad! i <33 jason schwartzman. shopgirl is one of my favorite movies.

Me, too! It's Wes Anderson, right? And I loved Jason Schwartzman in I <3 Huckabees.