Sign in to follow this  
howmuchbetter

Your favorite movies?

My favorite movies are: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Titanic, 28 Weeks Later, The Patriot, Forest Gump, Saw, Terminator 2 & 3, Sawshank Redemption, Office Space, Bad Boy 2, 28 Weeks Later, and The Hills Have Eyes.

quote:
Originally posted by Auckmann:

My favorite movies are: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Titanic, 28 Weeks Later, The Patriot, Forest Gump, Saw, Terminator 2 & 3, Sawshank Redemption, Office Space, Bad Boy 2, 28 Weeks Later, and The Hills Have Eyes.

First of all Shawshank Redemption is(imo) one of the best movie's ever. And second, I've heard 28 weeks later is really good. I'm a horror movie junkie so would you say its worth renting? Is it suspensful or just gorey?

quote:
First of all Shawshank Redemption is(imo) one of the best movie's ever. And second, I've heard 28 weeks later is really good. I'm a horror movie junkie so would you say its worth renting? Is it suspensful or just gorey?

I can answer that. The 28 _____ Later series are some of my favorites.

It's gorey, but in a more blood than guts way. What pulled me in more was the plot (helped that the main female characters were pretty). I have to warn you, though:

RELENTLESSLY. DISTRESSING. It's completely non-stop. There are VERY few moments of humor to break the tension. If you immerse yourself in the movies that you watch, you're probably going to get a little upset.

manhaattan, umberto d., annie hall, girl interrupted, love story, splendor in the grass, hannah and her sisters, rosemary's baby, you've got mail, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, roman holiday,one fine day, run lola run, romeo and juliet (old and new versions), high and low, the bicycle theif, mr. smith goes to washington, mean girls, donnie darko, and i love m. night's films too (signs, the village), labyrinth, sixteen candles, don't tell mom the babysitter's dead, teen witch... so many

Okay, people's lists are very long, which is comforting becuase I can never make my mind up. Mine are, in no order, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, Donnie Darko, The Pirates of the Carribean (first one of the recent remakes), Forres Gump, Les Diaboliques, The Incredibles, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I Heart Huckabees (except for the disgusting mud bit.. eww..), et, bien sur, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (the soundtrack of which is AWESOME!)

Recently saw 28 Weeks Later by the way. I don't like horror movies, so it was a mistake. The plot was very good, though. Still didn't like it Razzer I also saw that film with Glen Hansard, the frontman of The Frames in it, Once. It was really good, and I got to annoy the person behind me in the cinema by dancing and miming along with the music. Big Grin

Something interesting to me.

You know how a lot of us are regina "nomads". Alone in our devotion and fanaticism towards reg. Our friends and family just don't get it. Well, what I find interesting is that a lot of us also share Eternal Sunshine of A Spotless Mind as a favorite movie. Again, something that a lot of people just don't get.

/rant

quote:
Originally posted by howmuchbetter:

quote:

I can answer that. The 28 _____ Later series are some of my favorites.

It's gorey, but in a more blood than guts way. What pulled me in more was the plot (helped that the main female characters were pretty). I have to warn you, though:

RELENTLESSLY. DISTRESSING. It's completely non-stop. There are VERY few moments of humor to break the tension. If you immerse yourself in the movies that you watch, you're probably going to get a little upset.

I finally rented the movie! I really enjoyed it but honestly felt the first was a little more nerve wrenching and generally just better constructedand plotted. Still a good watch though, zombies are definitely more frightening when they can run!