Sign in to follow this  
liane

A song Regina should cover

Regina's take on covers like Real Love and the Weeds intro are genious. I pay my respekt to the originals, though it would be my biased opinions that say regina does it better Smiler

and i love it when she sings Russian a la Apres Moi. So im hoping that she'll read this or someone who can talk to her will read this and maybe she'll cover it for me at a gig Smiler

and also, if youre bothered, post songs you think Regina should cover. Personally, i think she can cover any song and make it cool like she is

Regina's take on covers like Real Love and the Weeds intro are genious. I pay my respekt to the originals, though it would be my biased opinions that say regina does it better Smiler

and i love it when she sings Russian a la Apres Moi. So im hoping that she'll read this or someone who can talk to her will read this and maybe she'll cover it for me at a gig Smiler

and also, if youre bothered, post songs you think Regina should cover. Personally, i think she can cover any song and make it cool like she is

quote:
Originally posted by liane:

Yes, I can imagine Regina singing this beautifully.

It's funny that I rarely imagine her covering other people just because she's so unique. But Chelsea Hotel and Real Love are both so amazing. I never heard Leonard Cohen sing the former, but I definitely think Regina's version of the latter is better than John's.

One song I would love to hear her do is Jill Sobule's Mexican Wrestler.

Thought about it before. There are a million artists I'd like to see her cover just because she could bring her unique style to already classic songs. Been Smokin' Too Long by Nick Drake. I'd love to see her cover Sideways by Citizen Cope. Space Oddity by Bowie would completely blow my mind.

The ones that I think would just...make our jaws drop would be either Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles, A Wolf at the Door by Radiohead, or any Nick Drake song, really. Any of those would be like...exponentially compounding musical genius.

I think David Bowie is a great idea. I would like to hear her do Five Years, Rock and Roll Suicide, or any number of others.

I also love the "Respect" idea.

And how about another Beatles song, "I Will."

OH. Nirvana. I think she's one of the few artists that could do justice to one of their songs without reproducing it exactly. Dave Grohl backing her up on drums would be INSANE. Sappy or Pennyroyal Tea would be awesome.