Sign in to follow this  
howmuchbetter

On friends and Regina Spektor

I was talking to a girl on YouTube that loves Tori Amos, we got to talking, and she brought up Regina! She mentioned seeing her live a few years back, I thought that was cool.

All my friends at school can't stand Regina though, It sucks. Frowner

When I was in the 9th grade, I tried to shove Regina down everyone's throats all the time. I ended up sort of embarrassing myself, and I wasn't even successful in converting anyone, so I gave up. Now I don't really bring up Regina anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

All my friends at school can't stand Regina though, It sucks. Frowner

That does suck. Frowner

today, one of my suitemates (who to my knowledge did not listen to reg) came back from class saying "What's that aching to pupate song called?? It has been stuck in my head for like a week!"

i had to try hard not to get too excited, haha.

I have never encountered a person who has heard of Regina before! It's frustrating :P

Some of my friends have only heard 'Us' because I put that song on a CD we took with us on a vacation. Their responses were very positive, though. Some even said they thought it was the best song on the CD. Big Grin But I haven't converted any of them to Reginaism... When I went to her concert I had to go alone.

I also let another friend of mine listen to some of her songs, but she said she didn't like the way Regina changes from high pitched notes to low pitches notes, or something like that, and she didn't really like her voice (wtf?)

I'm used to it though, pretty much everything I listen to is something my friends have never heard of or they just don't like it.

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

i had to try hard not to get too excited, haha.

hahaha. When stuff like that happens to me I have to tone down my excitement too so I don't look too much like an idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by Alarmclock:

I have never encountered a person who has heard of Regina before! It's frustrating :P

Sometimes I like hearing about people who still haven't heard of Regina. To me that means she hasn't come close to peaking. It means a big future is still open for a lot more people to like her. Either by finally getting in touch with the music she's already done, or by whatever wonderful stuff she still has coming up. So I'm going cup half full on this one Smiler

My friends all have some level of exposure to regina. One likes "Us" and "Aching to Pupate" (the latter simply because she has an obsession with fake mustaches), a few are into "Fidelity," a few will listen to the ones I specifically recommend but are fearful to venture beyond the essentials, one likes "The Call" and thinks "Hotel Song" and "Eet" are kind of catchy, and one soaks up her music almost as voraciously as I do. Oh and one thinks she's on pot and that I'm crazy for thinking what she does is music. But that girl's just ridiculous so her opinion is always questionable. Razzer