Sign in to follow this  
howmuchbetter

On friends and Regina Spektor

I was with my study group at a local coffee shop last night when the song Reptilia came through the speakers. I, of course, became (possibly overly) excited. However, before I'd even finished the sentence, "YES! Regina sang on the B-side of this single!" my friends had all fallen silent, my excitement met only by completely blank unknowning stares. The person closest to me responded, "uh, ok. you weren't expecting a respose to that I hope."

These are the times I realize just how few people get me. Then I think how lucky it is that i have you guys.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

I was with my study group at a local coffee shop last night when the song Reptilia came through the speakers. I, of course, became (possibly overly) excited. However, before I'd even finished the sentence, "YES! Regina sang on the B-side of this single!" my friends had all fallen silent, my excitement met only by completely blank unknowning stares. The person closest to me responded, "uh, ok. you weren't expecting a respose to that I hope."

These are the times I realize just how few people get me. Then I think how lucky it is that i have you guys.

Yep, you are not alone in this ever. Regina is a wonder of wonderfulness, and there are many of us that get you through and through because we are the same way. I think it takes people who are extra intelligent to realize exactly how important Regina is to music. And you know what? People who are really really smart, don't get understood very well. That is the category you are in. Smiler. I've been a lot calmer now that I've decided to accept that fact. Smiler I also feel pretty good about it. Smiler

I personally find it very irritating and sad at some points. It's especially bad for me because at my age maturity and independence among others is at a pretty big low. Everyone just gets sucked into what the radio is feeding them and listens to mainstream and what is popular. I guess I need to do what Tony does and just accept it....

well regina isn't exactly orthodox. i've

been stewing for what six years now,

play the bitch on the fucking radio already.

i don't know, lately i'm thinking it's all

going to change soon, somehow from technology

and law. the radio is going to change.

it has to, it's absurd. there's a little

good radio, RXP has played her, and the

underground and college stations. RXP isn't

exactly good radio. Q rock is a graveyard anymore. other countries don't allow this shit.

I just watched Lollapalooza 'Us' for the thousandth time. Her performance and the audiences reaction is just so... I don't even know. And the smile at the end, Holy cow!! 'Patron Saint', 'Prisoners', Carbon Monoxide at Bonaroo, I just watched those. I had to watch Carbon Monoxide twice just to make sure it was real. Her music is so smart and cool and beautiful. We are all alive at the same time a legend is still making new music. To all the 'think she's weird' people out there: You're all gonna kick your own ass in the future when you realize what you weren't appreciating as it was happening right in front of you. Wow! I'm in such a defend and promote Regina mood right now. I think I'm gonna spend a little time on You Tube and do some praising! Who's with me?!! Smiler

I've already converted around 10 people into Regina fans and still counting Big Grin that's how persistent I am Big Grin

Today two friends of mine wanted to imitate me so they started to talk a lot about Regina ahahah I felt quite proud about it..