Sign in to follow this  
Mark C (PuzzleMaker)

Regina vs. Tori

I'm glad Reg is in the lead. Big Grin I don't like Tori Amos that much...I like a few of her songs, but her voice gets on my nerves sometimes, like in Caught a Lite Sneeze. *shudder*

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine Redneck:

Dan the man swears by her, I checked some stuff out and not quite the humor and poetic silliness I love about Regina (drama bores).

3 freakin' weeks until Atlanta!! Oh Lord, kill me on the way home if you must!!

Tori? Humor? These are mutually exclusive terms. Smiler

Seriously, though, I'd say that the only thing Regina and Tori have in common is that both of them have that strong childhood classical piano background, and that both really write and perform the music they fiercely believe in, even if it's not conventionally mainstream.

Back when Tori started her solo career though, it was harder to be as individual as she was, since things were still very label-driven and there wasn't this more open world of self-releases (at least that got heard) and myspace pages and alternative ways for people to hear you. So just as many people say someone like Kate Bush (or even Laura Nyro) helped pave the way for someone like Tori, it is probably also true that Tori, Bjork, Ani DiF and others helped establish some precedents for unique approaches like Regina's to be accepted more readily and more quickly.

ah, the Regina/Tori Amos comparison! haha.

I adore Tori's first three albums (especially Little Earthquakes!!) and a lot of her stuff after them. And I loove Regina's music more of course, but they aren't really comparable that much.

But really haha, you should hear Little Earthquakes if you haven't. Big Grin