Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BitsOfBone

Sexuality

346 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

Ezra Pound, go do what you want to! no religion should tie you down! be who you truly are!

Haha, thanks. The only other problem I have is that I live in one of the most stuck up, rich cities in the Cleveland area, so there aren't many other girls here who would want to...experiment.

This one girl in my choir spazzed because I kissed one of my female friends on the cheek. She said something about not wanting lesbians in her choir...that basically explains the viewpoint of 90% of the girls in my city.

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra Pound:

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

Ezra Pound, go do what you want to! no religion should tie you down! be who you truly are!

Haha, thanks. The only other problem I have is that I live in one of the most stuck up, rich cities in the Cleveland area, so there aren't many other girls here who would want to...experiment.

This one girl in my choir spazzed because I kissed one of my female friends on the cheek. She said something about not wanting lesbians in her choir...that basically explains the viewpoint of 90% of the girls in my city.

wowie! i live in a town where there are LITERALLY two churches on every street and lesbians still are here and accepting.

i live in a mixture of both..

my city is... all rich people. and a lot are stuck up, but the thing is, the people i knwo that have the MOST money dont act rich or stuck up...

but yeah.

and there are alot of lesbians.gays.bis too.

so i get a mixture of both y'alls places..

rich gays! whoot.

quote:
Originally posted by Rawin:

Girls are honestly just the better people.

Except to one another in Middle and High School and you know yall can't deny that. My daughter swears a lot of that movie "Mean Girls" is factual.

So maybe you should all be kissing each other instead of plotting against each other in these formidable years. Wink

Back to the lovely Miss Bits. Amanada, tolerance is what Mum needs and I'll bet with time she'd acquire it.

Bits of Bone,

I think George is right. You should try your hardest to be who YOU are, and not who your mom wants you to be. If you spend your whole life living like others want you to, you will not be happy.

I honestly don't even think gay marriage or homosexuality in general should be a debate. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, in fact some of the most caring and considerate people I have met are gay. And beside that, people should be free to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. Like Perks said, if it's not hurting anyone else, why does it matter? People have just as much right to be gay as they do to be Christian. (or both, for that matter)

I respect peoples' rights to speak out against homosexuality, that is their right of free speech. But I also respect peoples' rights to engage in whatever practices they wish to as long as no one else is being put to harm, that is their freedom of expression. I'm sure most Christians (like your your mum) tell you that homosexuality is wrong because that's what they actually believe. But I bet if you gave her time, she would understand or at least accept your decision either way. She's your Mom, in the end she will love you no matter what. Smiler

quote:

Find the other 10%... They are there you just gotta find them.

Or as Jess said wait for college Smiler

You know I think sometimes my Mum doesn't even know where she stands on these issues because she can be completly different and acctually really open minded about homosexuality, which really confuses me... Part of her wants to say the right thing (the religious thing) and she wants to be seen as liberal at the same time.

You are right though, I think if she had to deal with the subject within her own family she would have to come to terms with it and I'm sure she wouldn't dis-own me lol Confused

A lot of time when people say these seemingly intolerant things it's because they've never really had the experience with knowing a gay or lesbian person well enough to realize that they are not somehow "OMG different and scary!" but just people who have sincere feelings that take them in a different direction.

I'd agree with the others here who say that you have to just keep an open mind and try to discover who you are and what you really feel, and to know that it's okay not to be sure. You certainly shouldn't suppress yourself because of what your Mum said -- but also don't be inordinately worried that she has said something like that.

I'm sure if it came down to you knowing, at some point in the future, that you were a lesbian, your mother would find her way through it. And maybe you would be that first gay person she knew well enough to realize that her somewhat prejudiced feelings were misplaced. Smiler

In the context of Christianity, I feel very confident that Jesus himself would never have condemned anyone for their gender preference. The aspects of Christianity which oddly say things against it are largely from Old Testament sources (which predate Jesus) and from Paul (who never met Jesus and who just kept adding stuff on his own, with no actual authority that I can figure out). Smiler

Whoever you turn out to be, it's all good. And I suspect that your Mum will work it out too.

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

ps. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this guys, it has felt very lonely going through this whole thing and up until about three weeks ago I had not spoken a word to anyone about my questioning... Brumstix to the rescue once again! lol

Hey Amanda, I'm new to this blog, fell in love with Regina's music recently then this blog caught my eye and I just had to join so I could respond. I was straight all my life until I met this girl kate at my old work a little over a year ago. I have dated sooo many guys, and I guess I just always was looking for something more. She made me feel this little something more...you never know how you should be treated until you are with a girl. I'm not even kidding. They always want to be there for you...take care of you..give you the world. They are typical girls! haha. So it was both of ours first relationship and serious relationship with another girl. It was her first time doing anything with a girl. Not to sound conceited, but we are both very attractive girls...and people always looked at us funny and stared at us when we were in public. I will tell you, it's really hard at first to adjust, but after a while you get used to it. You just have to be confident and truthful with yourself. So she and i ended up breaking up after about 8 or 9 months, and I am currently dating a guy...but i have to be absolutely honest with you, to this very day, i would give anything and everything to have her back.

it's true, girls mess up your head. :/