Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Sexuality

quote:
Clothes: Vests, tank tops, t shirts (oh and my favorite: a pair of black leather pants.)

Grooming: No maintenance hair, no makeup, doesn’t pluck her eyebrows, short fingernails and no nail polish.

And she has a motorcycle...well...it’s more like a dirt bike.

Yeah I mean, that's not gay, that's just hot.

If people judged me on the stereotypical things, I'd be a flaming homosexual. But, unfortunately for my friend Spencer, I'm a rabid hetero.

way to bring names into it, sgtcampsalot Wink

i think stereotypes are just a lazy way around getting to know people. they're used as excuses to stay within our comfort zones, (that person is black, so we wouldn't have anything in common). They're used to shut people out, and generally just create blockades and walls that force people to be exactly what things out of their control would imply them to be.

If it's stereotypical for rich people to be spoiled and unappreciative, then that's an excuse for others to avoid coming into contact with them. this leaves rich to associate with the rich. how much easier is it to be spoiled when you have little or no contact with people who have less than you do?

don't treat people a certain way based onn your past experiences with people who look similar, or what you've heard about people "like that". look at each person as an individual. How you look, to a certain degree, is out of your control. Who you are as a person, though, depends on you, and therefore is independant of your appearance. Stereotypes get in the way of true companionship and relationships.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, what is with the stereotypes? people are just people, you know? you can't judge something as personal as sexuality based on appearances. Don't make judgements based on musical tastes, clothes, hair, nails, anything like that. Until someone makes it plain to you honestly, you can't assume they're straight, or that they're gay... how can you think that listening to regina... nevermind. that post confuses me.

I just about died when I read it, hence my sharing...what's funny is this person calls their description cliché...you have to question the sincerity of the OP...

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

If people judged me on the stereotypical things, I'd be a flaming homosexual. But, unfortunately for my friend Spencer, I'm a rabid hetero.

Oh, I'm in the opposite situation. People pass me off as straight all the time. It makes it very hard to get proper attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

dude, lol

what is with the stereotypes? people are just people, you know? you can't judge something as personal as sexuality based on appearances. Don't make judgements based on musical tastes, clothes, hair, nails, anything like that. Until someone makes it plain to you honestly, you can't assume they're straight, or that they're gay... how can you think that listening to regina... nevermind. that post confuses me.

^^Unfortunately Brianna that's what most people do.........with me being a metrosexual people I first meet often immediately jump to the conclusion that I am gay because I shave my entire body except for head, eyebrows, and eyelashes, I get my eyebrows waxed, I am VERY hygenic, I am very high matinence with my hair, and other things too. And it this immature age when I say I am for same sex marriage kids are like, "ewwww are you gay?" and stupid shit like that.... Luckily I am a popular kid so kids don't make fun of me at all about my metrosexuality and all the people I know know I am straight but most have questioned my sexual orientation at some point because of the things I do....... lol and my mom calles me gay bait because of my build: broad shoulders, slim but toned build, and long wavy blonde hair is this really what gays like or is my mom yanking my chain or being sterotypical, etc??????.....I also like skinny jeans.

Anyways, you are right brianna, don't judge people by those things because some could be metrosexual like me.

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

lol and my mom calles me gay bait because of my build: broad shoulders, slim but toned build, and long wavy blonde hair is this really what gays like or is my mom yanking my chain or being sterotypical, etc??????

Wow! That doesn't sound like a nice thing for a mom to say.

Brady--it depends on the person...pretty much any attractive guy could be considered gay bait.

I went on a sort of date with that girl I hooked up with. We have absolutely nothing in common. She is now kind of stalking me...oh great.

quote:

I also like skinny jeans.

My "flamboyant mannerisms" aside... Clothing has got to be one of the very first things to make a person start feeling "old". I first felt this way when I went to the mall with my girlfriend one day about 5 years ago because I was looking for a new pair of baggy "skater" cargo pants. After an hour of nobody carrying any, a store employee enlightened us that baggy cargo pants are no longer the "skater" style, or even in style at all anymore. The typical skater/punk look is all tight pants; Apparently the baggy cargo style was only "in" in the late 90s and 2000-ish area.

From that moment on, I empathize with those guys in their 40s that still rock the '80s mullet. When you're bred with a style, you still think it looks cool, no matter what, and damn the nay sayers. I have semi-tight jeans now, but I still buy the baggy cargos when I can. STAY STRONG!

This post is ever so gratuitous...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

dude, lol

what is with the stereotypes? people are just people, you know? you can't judge something as personal as sexuality based on appearances. Don't make judgements based on musical tastes, clothes, hair, nails, anything like that. Until someone makes it plain to you honestly, you can't assume they're straight, or that they're gay... how can you think that listening to regina... nevermind. that post confuses me.

^^Unfortunately Brianna that's what most people do.........with me being a metrosexual people I first meet often immediately jump to the conclusion that I am gay because I shave my entire body except for head, eyebrows, and eyelashes, I get my eyebrows waxed, I am VERY hygenic, I am very high matinence with my hair, and other things too. And it this immature age when I say I am for same sex marriage kids are like, "ewwww are you gay?" and stupid shit like that.... Luckily I am a popular kid so kids don't make fun of me at all about my metrosexuality and all the people I know know I am straight but most have questioned my sexual orientation at some point because of the things I do....... lol and my mom calles me gay bait because of my build: broad shoulders, slim but toned build, and long wavy blonde hair is this really what gays like or is my mom yanking my chain or being sterotypical, etc??????.....I also like skinny jeans.

Anyways, you are right brianna, don't judge people by those things because some could be metrosexual like me.

^exactly! i have a friend who's really hardcore "butch" for all intents and purposes-short hair, stocky build, deepish voice, no makeup, minimal jewelery, and generally not feminine at all. And she has a steady boyfriend.

Meanwhile, i have another friend who always has perfect makeup, fashionable clothes, is slim, and has long, pretty hair. And she's gay. Both of them have people misatake them for their opposite sexuality, all because of what a gay/straight person "should" be.

Makes no sense....