Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Sexuality

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

lol and my mom calles me gay bait because of my build: broad shoulders, slim but toned build, and long wavy blonde hair is this really what gays like or is my mom yanking my chain or being sterotypical, etc??????

Wow! That doesn't sound like a nice thing for a mom to say.

^^ LOL Rosa my family is odd....we are always making fun of each other I find it quite funny that she calls me gay bait. Its something that most people dont get. I make fun of my mom too. We dont get offended. Smiler

Sgtcampsalot- Yes, that is what skaters wear now. I am not a skater at all, I just like them alot.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

quote:

lol and my mom calles me gay bait because of my build: broad shoulders, slim but toned build, and long wavy blonde hair is this really what gays like or is my mom yanking my chain or being sterotypical, etc??????

Wow! That doesn't sound like a nice thing for a mom to say.

^^ LOL Rosa my family is odd....we are always making fun of each other I find it quite funny that she calls me gay bait. Its something that most people dont get. I make fun of my mom too. We dont get offended. Smiler

Sgtcampsalot- Yes, that is what skaters wear now. I am not a skater at all, I just like them alot.

My family makes fun of each other all of the time too, but I am definitely the funniest person! Cool

I loved all the chat about stereotypes back on page 20.

I understand the point about not stereotyping someone based on their appearance and interests. However, I'm pretty sure this is how gaydar was invented, and gaydar is probably the most important thing for a gay person to have if they want to get a date. Smiler

quote:
I understand the point about not stereotyping someone based on their appearance and interests. However, I'm pretty sure this is how gaydar was invented, and gaydar is probably the most important thing for a gay person to have if they want to get a date.

Gaydar is not about using stereotypes to see if someone is gay. Gaydar is about sensing whether or not some dude/lady is flirting with you in a gay/lezzie way, or if someone might be into you. Straight people do this too, only with the opposite sex.

^I agree with BitsOfBone (Amanda, right?) here. The very first thing you notice on a person is his/her looks and whether you like it not it says a lot about a person. Stereotyping is something our brain does on a daily basis. Personally, I don't think stereotyping is essentially wrong. Everything has frame/form and details. Besides there are nearly 7 billion people - there bound to people sharing the same qualities.

Haha well I thought it was funny.

Anyway, I don't agree with you Jellybean, simple as that.

I can't believe I am defending stereotyping, but its simply something that we all do, and more so the gay people because we don't all walk around with signs displaying our sexuality.

^^there's a difference between stereotyping and making educated guesses about someone based on deliberate signs.

If someone seems to be working to project a certain image, then you should accept the possibility that certain things are true about them. But do NOT assume that they /are/ true.