Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Sexuality

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

^^ Nothing but love for you Brady, always.

AND I still plan on meeting you one day haha Big Grin preferably at a Regina show!

^^ WHEEWWWW! I thought you were mad at me! Which would be very upsetting!

And yes, meeting you would be awesome! When I met you on youtube I was in Ashboro North Carolina visiting my aunt, she works in Greensboro! I liked North Carolina. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

The other day I got into a debate with my current events teacher who is a total right winged, rush limbaugh loving, abortion hating even in the case of rape, republican who also thinks that evolution may be the work of the devil.......(what has the GOP come too)......and of course she thinks Homosexuality is wrong and gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. Which is quite possibly the exact opposite of my political beliefs.

This took a lot of guts, Brady. The world would be a much better place if more people would stand up for what they believed in, even if it didn't directly affect them.

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

And being ADD dosent help at all

A.D.D. wasn't invented yet when I was a kid Razzer

^^ LOL yeah I got it from my father, and he has told me that numerous times.lol

@davidh=Thanks! Most of the kids in that class, with the exception of one, were pro life. But I am very outspoken like Alicia about my beliefs.

Hi brumstix, how've you been doing? I know its bad netiquette to resurrect a non-regina related thread after not posting for months and leave a giant novel of a post with barely a hey how are ya, but i could use some advice (please).

It's been a little while so you might not know who i am. Hi, I'm James, stixer since june 08, was once quite a prolific poster. I also happen to not be straight. I'm still working out the kinks of exactly where i fall on the spektrum. This is the second time i've ever told anyone, only 1 friend knows and i'm not even particularly close with her. Anyway, the main reason why i haven't told anyone is because before I do I want to know what it is that i'm telling, that is where i fall on the scale between 100% hetero and 100% homo, because i don't think i'm 100% either of them. At this point i know i'm homo and think i might be a little hetero too but i'm not sure. Anyway, before i tell people, I want to be sure so that i'm comfortable with it, its hard to articulate exactly what i want to say here, hopefully you get the idea.

Anyway, today my dad basically tried to out me. In retrospect i think he's been subtly hinting for a week or two. Today he came into my room and we had a very vaguely worded discussion. He never came out and said are you gay and i never gave him any satisfactory answer. It was very awkward, though to his credit he did almost everything right, he told the story of his best highschool friend coming out to him, made sure i wasn't afraid of him disapproving etc., I had and never have had any reason to be afraid of what he would think if I told him, and really i never have been. But I didn't tell him. 1. I want to have things better figured out first. 2. I want to do the coming out, I don't want to be outed. I want it to be on my terms. He's not stupid, so he probably has an idea of what's going on. I think i may have handled this situation really badly and don't know how to move forward. Since the talk, we've basically been pretending it didn't happen.

I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. I'm gonna go contribute to something regina related now to redeem my net karma Smiler

First off, Kudos for realizing that you may not fall exactly on one end of the spectrum. That's a difficult concept for most to accept, and you're very courageous for even entertaining the notion.

My advice would be not to stress over putting a label on your sexuality. As far as telling people, ask yourself, "Does it matter to me that this person know about this part of who I am?" You're the only person who can really be the judge of that.

Don't be afraid to keep exploring who you are, and don't give in to the pressure to "fit the mold!" Take life at your own pace. Good luck!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

First off, Kudos for realizing that you may not fall exactly on one end of the spectrum. That's a difficult concept for most to accept, and you're very courageous for even entertaining the notion.

My advice would be not to stress over putting a label on your sexuality. As far as telling people, ask yourself, "Does it matter to me that this person know about this part of who I am?" You're the only person who can really be the judge of that.

oh jeez I had something else to say but I forgot it... I'll let you know if I think of it.

I second that!

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Projektorinski:

Hi brumstix, how've you been doing? I know its bad netiquette to resurrect a non-regina related thread after not posting for months and leave a giant novel of a post with barely a hey how are ya, but i could use some advice (please).

It's been a little while so you might not know who i am. Hi, I'm James, stixer since june 08, was once quite a prolific poster. I also happen to not be straight. I'm still working out the kinks of exactly where i fall on the spektrum. This is the second time i've ever told anyone, only 1 friend knows and i'm not even particularly close with her. Anyway, the main reason why i haven't told anyone is because before I do I want to know what it is that i'm telling, that is where i fall on the scale between 100% hetero and 100% homo, because i don't think i'm 100% either of them. At this point i know i'm homo and think i might be a little hetero too but i'm not sure. Anyway, before i tell people, I want to be sure so that i'm comfortable with it, its hard to articulate exactly what i want to say here, hopefully you get the idea.

Anyway, today my dad basically tried to out me. In retrospect i think he's been subtly hinting for a week or two. Today he came into my room and we had a very vaguely worded discussion. He never came out and said are you gay and i never gave him any satisfactory answer. It was very awkward, though to his credit he did almost everything right, he told the story of his best highschool friend coming out to him, made sure i wasn't afraid of him disapproving etc., I had and never have had any reason to be afraid of what he would think if I told him, and really i never have been. But I didn't tell him. 1. I want to have things better figured out first. 2. I want to do the coming out, I don't want to be outed. I want it to be on my terms. He's not stupid, so he probably has an idea of what's going on. I think i may have handled this situation really badly and don't know how to move forward. Since the talk, we've basically been pretending it didn't happen.

I would appreciate any advice you have to offer. I'm gonna go contribute to something regina related now to redeem my net karma Smiler

James, I've not been around Brumstix much recently either, but when I read your post I just had to sign in and say well done.

Its a fucking hard position to find yourself in, facing your parent and not knowing yourself what's going on in your mind, so finding the words to tell them is just a ridiculous thought.

But it sounds like you're on the road to coming out, on your own terms. Even is it's just sharing that burden of not knowing what you are. I still don't know. I know what I prefer but I don't know what's going to happen in the future.

I recently told my parents about my struggle with my sexuality, and actually I had made it such an issue in my own mind, that I had lost track of why my parents are my parents... They are there to share these issues with. And now although we have not talked about it since, I feel so much better. They know I am dealing with something, and have backed off to give me space, space I desperately needed.

So James, try not to make this into a problem so big that you cannot deal with it. You can, and will tell your Dad everything he needs to know when you are ready.

Also, you don't need to put yourself into a box so that the rest of humanity can classify you. If you're not happy to say that you are 100% gay or 100% straight there is nothing wrong with that.

I am sure your Dad would rather you question something you are unsure of than suppress your feelings and end up making bad decisions based on who you think he wants you to be.

All the best, and if you need to chat. I'm totally here.

I've been putting off posting here again because I was having trouble articulating how much I appreciate your support, and I still don't think I can. Amanda, I'm not sure exactly why, but when I read your post I started shaking, and then I cried a little. Just knowing that there is a community of wonderful people who I can talk to has helped me to calm down and take this at my own pace. Thank you so much.

Yaya, in response to your post on same-sex marriage rights, I am proud to say that the country I live in, Canada, is one of the best in the world when it comes to LGBTQ equality. Since 2005 (shockingly recently) gay marriages have been 100% legal. Not "civil union", not "domestic partnership", marriage. As far as I know there are only two instances of inequality for LGBTQ Canadians. Gay men aren't allowed to give blood because they are a high HIV/AIDS risk (which I kind of understand as a legitimate health concern) and there's a nuanced difference in the age of consent.