mooebon

Regina is everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by Alarmclock:

I see nobody has mentioned this before.

This commercial used to play some time ago, I think it was summer 2007. Back then I didn't know about Regina so seeing this commercial must have been my first encounter with regs music... Anyway, last summer me and my friends made a CD to take with us on our vacation to Italy and I had this song as one of my 'entries'. Everybody was like "I know this song... Why do I know this?" Later a lot of people told me they really liked it and some even said it was there favourite song off of the CD. Smiler

Also, the only other time I heard Regina somewhere other than my iTunes was january 2008, when I heard Samson in an H&M store, which got me into Regina.

Thanks, I haven't seen that before!

And welcome to the Stix. Smiler

i was at my campus coffee place (called Common Grounds. Don't get me started on businesses with pun names..), and the live entertainment ended. One of the songs had put Musicbox into my head, and so i went over to the piano and started plunking it out, when a girl from my building came over and went, "Regina Spektor, Musicbox?" i spun around really fast and yelled, "YES!" at her, and she looked freaked. So i just high-fived her and said, "i really like regina." Then my roommate jumped in and went, "yeah, she's, like, /obsessed/!" By now this poor girl is staring at me like i'm morphing into Charlie the Unicorn. It's really awkward, then suddenly she turns to her friends and goes, "well, i think it's about time we head out, guys..." lol oh well. i was impressed that she recognized the beginning notes....

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

i was at my campus coffee place (called Common Grounds. Don't get me started on businesses with pun names..), and the live entertainment ended. One of the songs had put Musicbox into my head, and so i went over to the piano and started plunking it out, when a girl from my building came over and went, "Regina Spektor, Musicbox?" i spun around really fast and yelled, "YES!" at her, and she looked freaked. So i just high-fived her and said, "i really like regina." Then my roommate jumped in and went, "yeah, she's, like, /obsessed/!" By now this poor girl is staring at me like i'm morphing into Charlie the Unicorn. It's really awkward, then suddenly she turns to her friends and goes, "well, i think it's about time we head out, guys..." lol oh well. i was impressed that she recognized the beginning notes....

hahaha that was a thoroughly enjoyable story! thanks for sharing.

I was watching the Colbert Report literally like 3 seconds ago, and a Rhapsody commercial came on, and it said something all announcer-y, like, "Go to the website to see your other favorite artists!" And then they showed a picture of the website and Regina was on the home page!

I will now resume watching. :P

Went to the mall today with my roomate and we're in VICTORIA SECRET trying on some lip glass and within 2 seconds of the song beginning I SCREAM "OMG IT'S THE CALCULATION! BY REGINA!"

They played The Calculation and I'm not lying when I tell you that I preceded to sing the entire song out loud after i jogged to the closest speaker. IT WAS AMAZING, I immediatley thought of my brumstixers and how excited I was to tell you haha