mooebon

Regina is everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I forgot to tell you guys!

The other day I was in class and there was a substitute teacher, and he saw my decked out binder and such and he was like, "Oh, you like Regina Spektor?" And of course, I went full out fangirl on him going, "I ADORE her! Blablablabla she's amazing!" He goes, "Yeah, she's pretty awesome right? I have a friend in NYC that knows her."

Best. Sub. Ever.

very jealous,! my teachers even say she's a bad singer.

Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

quote:

The other day I was in class and there was a substitute teacher, and he saw my decked out binder and such and he was like, "Oh, you like Regina Spektor?" And of course, I went full out fangirl on him going, "I ADORE her! Blablablabla she's amazing!" He goes, "Yeah, she's pretty awesome right? I have a friend in NYC that knows her."

Best. Sub. Ever.

Frowner

That's a horrible thing to say. Red Face

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

quote:

Best. Sub. Ever.

Frowner

my teachers even say she's a bad singer.

^^ Wait, back this Shit up!!!! Thats TOO disrespektful!!!!

Well, not as bad as that damned facebook group.....ooooo it grinds my gears when people talk bad about Reg.....I could care less about freedom of speech it should be illegal to talk bad about Regina.....lol

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Well, not as bad as that damned facebook group.....ooooo it grinds my gears when people talk bad about Reg.....I could care less about freedom of speech it should be illegal to talk bad about Regina.....lol

That's why I try to avoid negative stuff about Regina because 1) of course it's not true (how can anyone say she sings bad?), and 2) there's not much I can do to change people's opinions, especially if all I do about it is make mad faces. Like, that Pitchfork (was it Pitchfork?) review of Far - I haven't read it because it upset lots of people here. I plan to stick to my policy. Smiler

okay!

so i'm talking to my mom on the phone, and i won't go into details, but basically i totally freaked her out about my grades (for a good cause, i assure you!).. my friends were being loud in the lounge, it was cold outside, and i get bad reception in my room. So, in order to explain that things were fine, i hopped into the elevator and talked to her in there.

While i was explaining that i didn't have a 30-page paper due, after all, i noticed the little cirtificate of authorization, or whatever it's called..

anyway, here's the part you'll care about:

it said

"last inspected:

October 2008

Liscenced to:

(blah blah blah)

Code:

***"

So of course our conversation is interrupted by my involuntary, "oooo!!", followed by a long inquiry... and ending with my mom not believing that i was really standing in an elevator, and demanding that i prove there really are elevators in my building to begin with. Confused

apparently lying to your parents about flunking out of school effectively ruins your credibility...

I've been to the mall today and while in the fitting room desperately trying to fit into yet another pants that doesn't fit Folding chair started to play! Yay, it made me insanely happy. Amazing how one song can lift your spirit for the day. The funniest part, however is that the song was so obviously sneaked in by a employee who likes Regina because it was on a compilation cd for the store full of disco stuff and one Regina song. Hihi, it was like a subliminal message!