mooebon

Regina is everywhere

Next week our Regina will be over here in England, on Thursday 3rd December in the City of Manchester. Smiler

That is if she doesn't read this Poem, with apologies to George MacDonald. Eeker

A Manchester Poem

'Tis a poor drizzly morning, dark and sad.

The cloud has fallen & filled with fold on fold

The chimneyed city ; and the smoke is caught,

And spreads diluted in the cloud, and sinks,

A black precipitate, on miry streets.

And faces gray glide through the darkened fog.

Slave engines utter again their ugly growl,

And soon the iron bands and blocks of stone

That prison them to their task,

Will strain and quiver

Until the city tremble. The clamour of bells,

Importunate, keeps calling pale-faced forms

To gather and feed those Samsons' groaning strength

With labour; and among the many come,

A woman, with her Cloak drawn over her head,

A woman that many really so adore,

Her name we all know is Regina Spektor.

quote:
Originally posted by davidh:

That's great, but thanks especially for directing a newbie to that Blurt spread - unbelievable!

Yeah, I'd never seen that before either, that was great!

"Any of these sounds might seem quirky to some, but to me they're just fucking natural. So there." (it's Fri. 11/27/09, and I'm STILL lovin' this woman!) Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

So my brother has X-box live (umm he's addicted) and it now has a last.fm feature which is kinda like pandora and has stations based on artists you like. You can search for them too...

And there is a catagory "Most Popular" and who is one of them?? REGINA! Along with like Lady Gaga, Tupac and Modest Mouse. It was so cool seeing and hearing her on my TV. When the music is playing they show LOVELY photos of the artist and they had a bunch of the new "far" photoshoot photos along with one from Blurt Magazine and some candids. They had a HUGE bio about her too Smiler

It was freakin awesome!

^^ LOL I remember my addictive Xbox live days.......good times.

Sometimes things like this get their own thread, but I'm not sure this qualified for that.

An national poll in Australia voted Samson as the #99 all-time song by a female artist. That sounds pretty cool at first, but the list as a whole is somewhat dubious. Check it out:

http://pulsemusic.proboards.co...display&thread=91553

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Sometimes things like this get their own thread, but I'm not sure this qualified for that.

An national poll in Australia voted Samson as the #99 all-time song by a female artist. That sounds pretty cool at first, but the list as a whole is somewhat dubious. Check it out:

http://pulsemusic.proboards.co...display&thread=91553

'

The list kind is kind of redundant, she should be higher, but at least she's got two songs on there! Better than nothing I guess.

Smiler

I was at a store called Micro Computer the other day and at the back of the store there was a large sign that said B.Y.O.S.

I of course instantly thought of Regina, and couldn't get the song out of my head for the rest of the day. Oh, and by the way, it stood for "build your own system".

Also, sometime this past summer I was at Von Maur and they were playing Dance Anthem of the 80's, along with the music video on a big screen! It was totally unexpected and awesome.