mooebon

Regina is everywhere

So i was in brown thomas at the weekend which is like a really pretentious shop that sells expensive make-up, clothes and zany overpriced kitchen equipment. i go to the menswear section not intending to buy anything obviously but who do i see but Brian O'Driscoll! He's the captain of the irish rugby team and is amazing! i was freaking out but i didn't ant to bother him and then Dance Anthem of the 80's came on the radio and he starts tapping his hand against his hip totally feeling the music with a smile on his face! Ahhhh!!!

But yeah then he got shoes and left. yay for regina being everywhere and me being kinda a stalker i guess..Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

So i was in brown thomas at the weekend which is like a really pretentious shop that sells expensive make-up, clothes and zany overpriced kitchen equipment. i go to the menswear section not intending to buy anything obviously but who do i see but Brian O'Driscoll! He's the captain of the irish rugby team and is amazing! i was freaking out but i didn't ant to bother him and then Dance Anthem of the 80's came on the radio and he starts tapping his hand against his hip totally feeling the music with a smile on his face! Ahhhh!!!

But yeah then he got shoes and left. yay for regina being everywhere and me being kinda a stalker i guess..Smiler

awesome! that's really cool, and i don't think you're a stalker... maybe you would be, had you followed him out of the store... Wink

After a couple of beers, my friends and I went down to our resort's restaurant to grab some food and more drinks. Then, just as the waitress was bringing out our food, Fidelity came across the soundsystem and I totally spazzed and excitedly blurted out (loudy of course), "It's REGINA!!!!!!" My friends all, of course, smiled and rolled their eyes. The waitress, who had just put my food down, was like "uh? what? is everything ok?" and I'm like "YES!!! It's just the song, it's regina spektor, she's great!" Waitress then knows she's going to have a fun night with us and runs away.

So my grandmother is in Young at Heart chorus, which is this group of people who are all over 75 an they sing all around the world. (They were at the Beacon a few weeks before Regina.)

And so she was playing me the tape of music they have to learn (being a strict student and lover of classical music, singing rock music is very strange to her) and one of the songs they're singing is SAMSON. And not the BTH version! The Songs version! Their director put the Songs version on their tape thing! He got major bonus points for that. So I was playing Samson on her piano, and she was singing, and it was so great I almost cried.

David Byrne performed with them when they did one of his songs, so I want them to get Regina to perform with them. And Regina would be all over that, right? Singing her song with a bunch of adorable old people?

I just got a text from my friend saying he heard Regina at Wegman's. Literally 30 seconds later, I got a text from a different friend saying she heard Regina at the mall. Smiler

My friend and her mom went to counseling together and her mom says "My daughter goes around ranting about silly things that are completely out of the ordinary" and my friend said "Just because it taste's like soap but it doesn't really taste like soap has no meaning in your life doesn't mean it doesn't with me" and her counselor said "That's Regina Spektor" and come to find out that the counselor was actually a really big fan and had been to a live show before Smiler