mooebon

Regina is everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

EekerEekerEekerEekerEekerEeker

Ok... so who wants to be the one to explain to me what exactly a "full length concert film" is? Big Grin

Well I'm not entirely sure. It could be one of two things or both of the two things combined. Ahhhhhh. I do know that Adria Petty was filming various and asundry things, documentary style, from fan "interviews" to behind-the-scenes stuff in the UK last December. In addition, the Hammersmith Apollo show was professionally filmed. So this could be truly just a "full-length concert film" of that show. Or it could be a tour documentary film. Or it could be bits of both. In the last note I gave regina, I pretty much begged her to make/let this film thing happen and not fall by the wayside. Didn't have enough time to actively discuss with her though. Still a very exciting prospect.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:

Ok... so who wants to be the one to explain to me what exactly a "full length concert film" is? Big Grin

Well I'm not entirely sure. It could be one of two things or both of the two things combined. Ahhhhhh. I do know that Adria Petty was filming various and asundry things, documentary style, from fan "interviews" to behind-the-scenes stuff in the UK last December. In addition, the Hammersmith Apollo show was professionally filmed. So this could be truly just a "full-length concert film" of that show. Or it could be a tour documentary film. Or it could be bits of both. In the last note I gave regina, I pretty much begged her to make/let this film thing happen and not fall by the wayside. Didn't have enough time to actively discuss with her though. Still a very exciting prospect.

Your nickname should be smartgirt Wink

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:

No matter which it is, I would be thrilled. Most "concert films" that have gotten theatrical releases lately have been a lot of concert footage mixed with quite a bit of behind-the-scenes stuff. And a few of them have been in 3D but that's a whole other issue. Razzer

Just read this in some online NY newspaper:

"It was a huge gamble when Manhattan's Renee Fleming, 51, arguably the world's most famous female opera singer, announced she was recording a rock collection called "Dark Hope."

The three-time Emmy-winning soprano and Metropolitan Opera House darling sexed up her image - check out those bangs on the album cover! - and dialed down her voice to a tenor for the departure from classical music.

It paid off. The critics are raving about the new album - which includes covers of bands ranging from Jefferson Airplane and Tears for Fears to Arcade Fire, the Mars Volta and Muse - and, perhaps more importantly, so are her teenage daughters.

Why did you decide to step outside of opera?

The stars were aligned, I guess, and the right opportunity [a collaboration with Regina Spektor and the Strokes producer David Kahne] came along. I'm a person who has always loved new things and being challenged. Certainly this was off the charts in terms of that. It was a huge risk, and experience has taught me not to project in advance that it would be successful. But I'm actually quite surprised how positive the response has been. People have been shocked at how different my voice is because they were expecting a more operatic sound. I've taken that as a positive."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ent...m.html#ixzz0ukG0rEUg

The parts I have heard on the radio are just great. She, too, covers Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, and, though nobody---not Rufus, not Buckley, not Allison Crowe (all of whom do great versions) approach our Regina---this is a stunningly beautiful version.

David Kahne is, as we have been told by Regina, a very talented guy. I am not sure if Ms. Fleming wants a new career, but, really, she is at a crossroads with this thing.

and, David/Regina, Regina's take on the Cohen song needs to be recorded in a studio. Soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

Just read this in some online NY newspaper:

"It was a huge gamble when Manhattan's Renee Fleming, 51, arguably the world's most famous female opera singer, announced she was recording a rock collection called "Dark Hope."

The three-time Emmy-winning soprano and Metropolitan Opera House darling sexed up her image - check out those bangs on the album cover! - and dialed down her voice to a tenor for the departure from classical music.

It paid off. The critics are raving about the new album - which includes covers of bands ranging from Jefferson Airplane and Tears for Fears to Arcade Fire, the Mars Volta and Muse - and, perhaps more importantly, so are her teenage daughters.

Why did you decide to step outside of opera?

The stars were aligned, I guess, and the right opportunity [a collaboration with Regina Spektor and the Strokes producer David Kahne] came along. I'm a person who has always loved new things and being challenged. Certainly this was off the charts in terms of that. It was a huge risk, and experience has taught me not to project in advance that it would be successful. But I'm actually quite surprised how positive the response has been. People have been shocked at how different my voice is because they were expecting a more operatic sound. I've taken that as a positive."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ent...m.html#ixzz0ukG0rEUg

That's what it seemed like at first. But based on everything I read at different reputable sources (Amazon, etc), Regina didn't actually participate in the album at all. Her name is just thrown in there because she's worked with David in the past. That's what I gathered based on what I read anyway.