mooebon

Regina is everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Idk if this has been mentioned anywhere or has it's own thread but... apparently regina is one of the guests talking on VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of all time Smiler She talks about Eminem and Biggie. It premiered on the 6th so they should be rerunning it a lot, we'll have to check it out!

OMFG!!!!! This is so awesome!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

Already seen it Smiler She was adorable. Sara Bareilles, Adele, Natasha Bedingfield, Little Boots, Lisa Loeb etc were talking on there too.

did anyone record it?!?

hi!!!!! i recorded it with my camera on the TV so this isn't great quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-7UwIzPkU

here are all of the parts of the show that i ended up editing together to create 2 great minutes of REGINA COMMENTARY! she looks beautiful btw!!

let me know if there are more i missed and i'll add them in!

Big Grin

First off, yay! my computers been broken and i haven't been on the stix in forever! good to be back.

Ok, so last night I was at this restaurant that has a history of playing good music over the loudspeaker (last time I was there they played Smoke by the Ben Folds Five). So last night they played Better during dinner, and of course I had to announce it to everyone at my table, (a symptom of my severe reginitis) both of whom are regina-haters. My mother, an active anti-respektor, remarked curtly "Oh, so they do play her in public"

Initially, I was offended by the statement, but then realised that Regina is somewhat of an acquired taste and I shouldn't judge so harshly.

And not to get off topic, but it got me wondering, if thats true, what predisposed me to liking her music? It didn't even take me a few listens to fall in love with her. hmmm... something to think about.

For me, it was an aquired taste thing. I was in the back of a friend's car and she played begin to hope. There were songs I just couldn't stand, but some I really liked (Hotel Song, Fidelity, Better). I decided to get the cd (well, I Limewired it in my pre-pop music obsession days) and then listened to it while I was studying for an AP exam (like, a good 24 hours of studying over the course of a week). So yeah, I think you can be pre-disposed, or just grow attached to the music like I did.

For me, I first heard Fidelity and I hated it, but then heard Apres Moi and Us and absolutely fell completely head over heels in love with everything about her. Just like that. I remember I played the live version of Apres Moi over and over and over again, and I kept thinking, "I don't understand why I love this so much, what makes me so attached to it, but I do, and I am."

I always wonder what makes us drawn to some music, and whether eventually you could like everything if you tried... it's an interesting thing to think about.

I don't remember which song I heard first but I remember the exact night I fell in love for the first time with a Regina song. It was "Ode to Divorce" and I listened it like 50 times on repeat that night.

Then I listened to the rest of her work and it wasn't that automatic. I was only 16 at that time and my musical taste sucked so I thought Regina was too weird and got a bit freaked out when I saw Soviet Kitsch album cover Big Grin

The rest of the story I don't quite remember how I started to really like her but I guess it was when Begin to Hope was released that I opened my mind to my all time favorite musician Smiler

P.S. "Ode to Divorce" was the only song which brought tears to my eyes when I saw her live (I don't cry easily). I think it was more due to the fact that it was the song which introduced me to Regina and I was so grateful for it than anything else.