mooebon

Regina is everywhere

I was watching the Golden Globes (I think?) and Ryan Seacrest said something along the lines of "My dear acquaintance, a happy New Year, brother." I don't know if he was referring to the song, but how often do people actually say that.

"Ok, so for those of you who havent had the fortune of listening to a Regina Spektor song/album, Here's how you do it.

Step 1. Obtain Album

Step 2. Open Mind

Step 3. Make sure you're the only person within audible range,

Step 4. Eliminate all major forms of exciting visual stimulation

Step 5. Play CD"

http://armsaroundthestereo.blo...ktor-calculated.html

I just thought this little bit was funny.. cause it's true.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I was at my university's rec center for a run. They have a closed channel that plays only music videos. I wasn't really watching, but I noticed some old video was on. I kept looking up, and the same video was still playing for what seemed like 15 minutes. At the end, the little thing came up in the corner as Guns'n'Roses "November Rain." It is a really long song. And a really long solo (but it's a good refrain.)

So... I hate American Idol and everything it represents... but they just played Regina!! Big Grin

My mom's been watching the audition episodes and she called me in. I was surprised she recognized the song. They were playing Eet in the background of an emotional sob story video montage of a girl who's house burned down. They also played it after she got accepted. The video will probably be on YouTube soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

So... I hate American Idol and everything it represents... but they just played Regina!! Big Grin

My mom's been watching the audition episodes and she called me in. I was surprised she recognized the song. They were playing Eet in the background of an emotional sob story video montage of a girl who's house burned down. They also played it after she got accepted. The video will probably be on YouTube soon.

Not to mention, the girl was AMAZING !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljzq0WcSzzY

haha, I heard about that but didn't make the connection.

I bet he was so happy when he got a phone call 40 years later. Reunited with all those family pictures in his wallet.

Such a heartwarming tale.

Now I want some black&white glossy photos and some old light brown photos of my own.