mooebon

Regina is everywhere

When they called him up.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

haha, I heard about that but didn't make the connection.

I bet he was so happy when he got a phone call 40 years later. Reunited with all those family pictures in his wallet.

Such a heartwarming tale.

Now I want some black&white glossy photos and some old light brown photos of my own.

I was watching the 1959 short film Pull my Daisy narrated by Jack Kerouac and at one point he says: "...learn all about geography and astromomology, tripleology, all the -ologies, and poetology, goodbyeology..." well, guess what immediately popped into my mind? Wink

^That was beautifully written. It felt like a short story about her, written like Regina's songs are written. But yeah, I can only imagine that was about Regina, it described her so well...

haha, that was cute and lovely. Thanks NYCstargirl for posting that article and thank you Eline123 for that delightful biography.

His "Music Box" gift and the Bronx lamppost photograph gifts reminds me of a scheme by John Lennon that I've contemplated about copying, but I've got Nobody to Love (Jefferson Airplane or

reference, take your pick). John Lennon and Yoko Ono went on The David Frost Show on June 14, 1969 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jKFZVIQv0 - @2:00 is the relevent bit). They handed him "a box of smiles." John turns to the audience and says, "We give him a lot of gear. He throws it away actually." The audience laughs. David opens the box, finds it empty, but for a mirror at the bottom. David smiles. "Do you get it? AHAHA," cried Lennon. Perhaps you have more luck than me in finding 'Somebody to Love' and will find this anecdote of use and can actually implement this idea.

I listened to the guy's music, and it's nice. It's described as ukelele beach music, which is an interesting way to put it. He writes clever lyrics. It sounds suprisingly fresh to harken back to the clichéd old jingles about love.

and Hot damn is he smooth: "Technically, my favorite place to drown is in a pretty girl’s eyes," a reference to his album "My Favorite Place to Drown" and I guess the music video for the lead song off it, "

" - which is a nice song, but I wonder about the music video - did the guy drown while kissing the maid? (edit: nvm, I watched the music video again and noticed the right side before the end... brilliant. Great lyrics and musical arrangement.) "I Only Want the Sky" is another good song by him I found. His Youtube and Google presence is pitiful.

I can see how he inspires adulation in his fans. That's interesting to hear of worship of an artist from an artist who has his own admirers and is also in love with another artist. I take issue with a few of his sentences, but overall, a very nice and well-written story.

I think this might be for college essay contest?

More stories of this type here, if you like romance, or the tragedy of love, I guess:

http://www.nytimes.com/ads/mar...ernlove/?ref=fashion

ehh, sorry, didn't mean to be so blabbery.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

I found this on Failblog dot org, and it reminds me of consequence of sounds:

http://failblog.org/2011/03/14...es-anyways/#comments

"but what if one of these days your heart will just stop ticking and they sort of just don't find you till your cubicle is reeking?"

it's sad, but kind of eerie at the same time...

edit: I did a search on the forums for Micheal Leviton, and found this gold-mine of artists to discover: http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...=366108653#366108653

I don't know if anyone saw this, but Regina and Only Son did a short performance for Citizen Radio. You can find it on iTunes under "podcasts." They appear with a journalist whose name I can't remember and Sarah Silverman. Very funny!