mooebon

Regina is everywhere

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

^That was beautifully written. It felt like a short story about her, written like Regina's songs are written. But yeah, I can only imagine that was about Regina, it described her so well...

Of course, it is about Regina. In the famous (to us, anyway) concert to which he refers, http://www.youtube.com/view_pl...t?p=39885E10AC09081A

she specifically thanks Michael.

His article is simply perfect.

Hopefully this is the right thread for this. :P

Apparently, a dance group (or something...I'm not really sure) at my school is doing something with Machine. I didn't think much of it until today, when I saw someone wearing a handmade t-shirt that said "hooked into machine". Big Grin I wish I knew more about this, because I'd really like to go watch it if I could...

Also, I was in St. Louis a few days ago and went to three or four Italian markets. There were tons of things called Regina there! Cookies, vinegar, a brand of pasta...it was strange...but awesome. :P

While I was watching the Morning Show today they started playing the Calucualtion in the background when they were talking about hat shopping for the Royal Wedding.

Hearing Regina in a coffee house (chill place) is how I discovered her back in March of 2009....I know work there. My first job. Smiler

I wracked my brain trying to figure out the good thread to make this comment. 'Good news' or 'what are you listening to right now'. Or this one seemed fitting.

Anyway, here's my stupid little story: I had about 9,000 songs downloaded on an old computer that went dead on me. I didn't save them before that happened. I was sick! That was until the other day when I was helped to get it working again. I bought an external hard drive with 1.5 TB's (wow!). Got 'em! Then I put them on my new computer too.

All my music comes from either CD's that I've owned forever or borrowing music from friends CD's or in other ways. Most is legal. Smiler But, anyway, shuffle is a wonderful thing with that many songs. You never know what you're gonna get. And there all good because I picked them out. This all happened this morning. I got it all set and pressed shuffle. Regina's 'No One' (forgot about that one). 9000 + songs and she came on first! I thought, Whoa! Regina is everywhere! (get it?) Smiler. I guess it's more like 'Regina is right here'. Hmmm? idea for another thread maybe. Smiler

This is a quote from a Houston Texas newspaper:

Regina Spektor provides a perfect critique of the royal wedding hysteria on her Facebook page. Since her name means “Queen,” she is a credible source on these matter.

“Perhaps royal people everywhere should apologize for the years of pretending they were somehow chosen by a higher power to rule, enslave and colonize,” Spektor said on her Facebook page. “Instead of holding a déjà vu wedding — a strange costly neurosis playing out on the world’s psyche, they could just admit they aren’t any closer to the top. They can’t pull some strings where it matters.”

Amen.

I will love Regina Spektor until the day I die.

(that last sentence also came from the paper. Although I feel the same) Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Minsky:

This is a quote from a Houston Texas newspaper:

Regina Spektor provides a perfect critique of the royal wedding hysteria on her Facebook page. Since her name means “Queen,” she is a credible source on these matter.

“Perhaps royal people everywhere should apologize for the years of pretending they were somehow chosen by a higher power to rule, enslave and colonize,” Spektor said on her Facebook page. “Instead of holding a déjà vu wedding — a strange costly neurosis playing out on the world’s psyche, they could just admit they aren’t any closer to the top. They can’t pull some strings where it matters.”

Amen.

I will love Regina Spektor until the day I die.

(that last sentence also came from the paper. Although I feel the same) Smiler

Sweet action. Since I'm originally from Houston, that makes me proud. Cool

Check out what Florence puts to the bottom of CDs she's picking out when record shopping!

(About 4 minutes and 15 seconds in)

At first I was excited to see that Regina's name was passed over when they were going across the CDs. :P

By the way, she's at Other, the place Regina performed at on Record Store Day.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Check out what Florence puts to the bottom of CDs she's picking out when record shopping!

At first I was excited to see that Regina's name was passed over when they were going across the CDs. :P

Which Regina CD are you talking about? I don't see it

quote:
Originally posted by ohmarcello:

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Which Regina CD are you talking about? I don't see it

I didn't see it at first either, but if you pause it at 4:15 you can catch a glimps of 'far'.