mooebon

Regina is everywhere

watched 60 Minutes tonight and again that Prudential commercial, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162Qv2O2LK0, came on where the piano solo toward the end always hits me as a few notes off something I have heard Regina play.

I think I finally realized what it is: Listen to Nickel Eye's Where the Cold Wind Blows and Regina's solo midway through it:

I guess it is not a direct rip, but awfully close.....

I was reading some yelp reviews and saw this. LOL

You didn't think it was fair that Regina Spektor appropriated the term Soviet Kitsch, did you. Well, neither did they. Particularly mind-blowing is the wall-size print of what appears to be a low-res JPG of Glazunov's 20th Century Mystery - a fine example for that Use of Pixelation in Restaurant Decoration term paper. Not sure why it is called Nasha Rasha (Our Russia) either - between Glazunov, waitresses dressed as pionerki, and the Laskoviy Mai mix on the stereo, its vibe is hard-core 1987 SU.

umm... found this in an article about St. Vincent.

I wasn't sure if I should create a new tread since it's "unannounced" and all. I figured everyone might want to wait until more credible information is available. But yay!!!!

quote:
Wander, who also works with the likes of Regina Spektor, Dirty Projectors and Gavin DeGraw, was a-buzz with talk of his clients' upcoming projects -- specifically Spektor's completed (and unannounced) next record, on track for a 2012 release with tour plans to follow

source: http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz...dia-1005484592.story

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

quote:
I figured everyone might want to wait until more credible information is available.

What's more credible than Billboard?!!

Regina?

This is one of those things that sounds too good to be true. But I've obviously been secretly hoping for this all a long since she was swallowed back up by NYC.