mooebon

Regina is everywhere

Thanks for posting.. All Thing Considered is one of my favorite NPR programs; in fact I was

introduced to Regina while listening to her on an episode of that show. I believe the first song

they played of hers was 'Pound of Flesh' and I immediately found it unique and interesting.

I didn't really get into full blown fandom until someone clued me into her work last year.

Definitely a newbie compared to many of the people on the forum...

Anyone have any further info on the play Regina has been writing?.. According to the below excerpt it has already been written:

“Rock musicals are dominating Broadway,” said Ms. Sanders in a prepared statement. “Where rock musicals were once written by musical theatre composers such as Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Schwartz, Jason Robert Brown and Jonathan Larsen, they are now being written by authentic pop recording artists. Cyndi Lauper wrote Kinky Boots. Sheryl Crow is writing Diner.

Regina Spektor wrote Beauty, Tori Amos' The Light Princess is up and running in London, and Sting’s The Last Ship is on its way to Broadway as we speak. Motown and Carole King’s Beautiful are following in the footsteps of jukebox musicals such as Priscilla and Rock of Ages, using authentic Motown and ‘70s folk rock music.”

The last I heard her say anything about it was in 2012 and it wasn't finished at that point. I guess it could be by now though since she has had some time off and could have been working on it these past few months. I haven't heard anything else about it recently.