mooebon

Regina is everywhere

Yes, according to the email I got from NPR:

As a warm-up to this Friday's start of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Soundcheck spends the week examining music and pop culture in Russia. Top editors at the Russian Rolling Stone and GQ talk about fashion, food and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. And indie-pop star Regina Spektor and author Gary Shteyngart recall their Soviet-era childhoods.

Here is an update from Regina's facebook page along with some other info..

Here's a long-ish info filled post coming to you from a city of ice and sleet...

A bunch of my songs filmed live at the Electric Lady Studios in NYC, before "What we saw from the cheap seats" came out, are going to be broadcast on the Palladia channel as "The Live Room," starting tonight.

Here are the dates and times (all eastern) the show will air.

Wednesday 2/5 at 9pm

Wednesday 2/5 at 12am

Friday 2/7 at 3pm

Saturday 2/8 at 930am

Monday 2/10 at 5pm

Tuesday 2/18 at 930pm

Friday 2/21 at 5pm

Thursday 2/27 at 430am

Also tonight is my interview with John Schaefer on WNYC's Soundcheck about one of my great musical heroes- Vladimir Vysotsky. I was so grateful to be asked to participate in this show! It airs tonight, wednesday Feb 5th, at 9pm EST. Soundcheck on WNYC Airs at 93.9 FM in NYC and can be streamed at WNYC.org

Ok! That's all the news for now! Keep warm and safe and have a great night!

regi

Up and coming actress Shailene Woodley credits Regina as one of her influences:

"Shailene Woodley, meanwhile, once wanted to grow her hair as long as possible. But she recently had an epiphany that caused her to ditch most of her locks. It all started when she heard the

Regina Spektor song “Ghost Of Corporate Future,” which features a lyric about cutting your own

hair.

“upon hearing these words, i was immediately inspired to cut my own hair off with abandon,” Woodley wrote in August. “shed old layers and practice the art of playfulness. out of nowhere, i did a complete 360. i went from sacralizing the length of my hair, to appreciating the spontaneity of chopping it off. and also recognizing the beauty of freedom. i think there is something so exceptionally admirable about one’s commitment to allowing their face to shine without hair

blocking it.”

The entire article is here:

http://www.hollywoodtake.com/divergent-vs-twilight-why-shailene-woodley-kristen-stewart-have-more-common-you-think-video-38906