mooebon

Regina is everywhere

From Regina's facebook account; as usual she is both insightful and compassionate:

"Thank you all so much for the many thoughts, stories, and ideas about the analog vs. digital world. I am definitely so grateful that I got to be a kid in "the old world"... But at the same time I am lucky that I get to be connected, as an adult, to all of you, and that I am able to share my art and thoughts, and hear yours, instantaneously and world wide... My thoughts and feelings about it all really fluctuate on different days... The truth is that, for some reason, we are all living during this time, so it must be the best for us. Whatever inventions and progress (or regress -depending on how you think of it) happens, we are meant to deal with it in the best way we know how, and to make the best use of our time here and our surrounding... Wishing everyone much happiness, and thanks again,
regina"

So my class has been working on our own musical, we wrote it and picked all the songs ourselves. It's almost finished and guess what, it ends with The Call! The weirdest thing is, I wasn't even there when they decided that it would be a nice song for the ending.  :D Anyways, yesterday when I was at a cafe with a friend and we were talking about the musical, suddenly we noticed that they were playing The Call! And you guys know that she rarely gets played anywhere, so that was cool.

From Regi's facebook page:

At Avatar with Randall Poster and Steward Lerman. Recorded another fun song for the last season of Boardwalk Empire with the amazing Vince Giordano and The Nighthawks! They are an incredible orchestra- go hear them play if you can (they are in NYC:-) my brain is full of 1920's now... Aaahhhh.... Cheers, regi

PS I forgot to take a picture while they were setting up- so the last one is titled "when the music's over"...

10481717_10152131401316389_3762818336822

Not sure I missed this, but I didn't know what song she had been recording here until now - the Boardwalk Empire soundtrack Volume 3 is available for preorder and on the Amazon tracklist it says she covered 'Love Me or Leave Me'  :)