Sign in to follow this  
PilingAndTwisting

Melissa Trinchere

Melissa,

Not only did you do this song extreme justice vocally, you even got the reg touch the thigh mannerism down at 2:02. Awesome!!

Were you attempting to do that or did it just happen? reg regularly touches her thigh during pauses....

Was I attempting to do that? No. I didn't realize I was doing it! You know what this means? I'm starting to become more comfortable playing the piano. I starting singing when I was hmmm, 11 years old or so (and not just playing around, I was serious about it) but I only started playing piano seriously in 2004.

Regina has been playing her whole life, so it's understandable why she's such a freakin natural on the piano and why she does things like that - but if I'm doing it, that's good news!

Omg, I'm so not trying to be like her, I don't want to look like a carbon copy. I better be more aware of what I do. OOps.

Thanks for the compliments though guys, I'm always so afraid of messing up her songs because well, she's a musical and songwriting genius! I can't f*ck with that! Big Grin

You guys are so sweet!

Here is another clip from that night at Crane's. This is my own song called "Modern Romance" - it's only the end of the song Frowner

But it's better than nothing!

(Note: I was on the verge of tears that night, this song is about my irish ex and well, it's still a fresh wound to me, so if I sound kind of shaky, that's the reason)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odk4RlBoWS0