Sign in to follow this  
PilingAndTwisting

Melissa Trinchere

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

That would be so amazing! I'd really love to see you there.

I'll let you know as soon as I line something up.

Cool

ok thanks! oh and what sort of musicians would you like to tour wth in dublin and might be able to ask around for youSmiler

Oh wow, um...I guess people that do folk music, like guitar based music - or it could be musicians who play the piano as well and full bands.

But it seems my music goes more with folk sounding things.

I don't know a lot of names or anything, I DO know bands and artists and stuff, but I don't know how to go about asking them, I'm afraid they will think I'm just trying to mootch off of them. They probably don't think that, but I'm weird. LOL!

But if you know any musicians whose music would fit and whose fans might like my music, that would be incredible if you could put me in touch with them!

you can give them my e-mail address:

melissat@melissatrinchere.com

ok, i'll try to think of some artists for youSmiler a few are coming to mind already!Smiler

i'm gonna be editing this quite a lot sorry! Ok Linda Coogan from Ireland shes l.o.v.e.s. regina spektor and she is artist don't know what her music is like but must be similiar as she likes regina. heres her Art page

And to the right theres a heading contacting Linda and her email ta da!

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

BTW, another musical recommendation if you like hard rock at all is the English group Muse.

Hhaha, I know about Muse! I LOVE them. I would LOVE to open for them too, do YOU know them personally? LOL!

Oh and Dominic, thank you very much for the suggestion, I'll check out her page!

Oh and you guys, The radio show last night was AWESOME! It was really fun and I didn't blow it by messing up Big Grin

If you missed it, there are 2 repeats, this Sunday, December 9th @ 6pm PST or 9pm EST (2am GMT) AND 9pm PST or 12am EST (5am GMT).

I'm also getting a recording of the show, so I can share later, but it's more fun to catch it on: http://www.indieairplay.com

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

BTW, another musical recommendation if you like hard rock at all is the English group Muse.

Hhaha, I know about Muse! I LOVE them. I would LOVE to open for them too, do YOU know them personally? LOL!

Oh and Dominic, thank you very much for the suggestion, I'll check out her page!

Hehe, I wish I knew them! So which is your favorite Muse song? I can't decide between "Apocalypse Please" and "Butterflies and Hurricanes".

At my gig in Riverside last night, I debuted Regina's beautiful song "December" I taught myself to play it in about 6 minutes! I'm so proud of myself! My ear is getting a lot better. I could not do that 2 years ago.

Now I can play at least 1 song from every Regina Spektor album + 1 B-side! Check out this list of Regina covers I do:

11:11 - "Sunshine"

Songs - "Consequence of Sounds"

Soviet Kitsch - "The Flowers", "Us", "Chemo Limo"

Begin To Hope - "Apres Moi"

Fidelity Single - "December"

It was funny, there was a band that went on after me and he heard me say, "I'm gonna do a cover song from one of my favorite musicians, this is Regina Spektor's 'December'"

Afterwards he said, "don't go yet, I got somethin to show ya"

he started playing "That Time" so I sang the first verse while he played - and I was very happy and excited there was another Regina fan in the audience AND that I didn't mess up December in front of him! hahah!

I can cover all of Soviet Kitsch and few other pieces on the pianoBig Grin But no singing....

Oh heres another irish musician melissa, cathy davey from Dublin don't know how to contact her thoughFrowner