Sign in to follow this  
Dan the man

Dallas HOB - One More Time With Feeling

A truly magical show, we got to hear four songs we've never heard her perform live before. Blue Lips, Ghost of Corporate Future, Music Box, and last but most impressive, One More Time With Feeling. This song displayed her range perhaps better than any other, she really belted it out. Where can I find the best quality bootleg of this song?

Duh, she also did Lessons On How Fleeting Preservation Is and Uh-merica, which was really fun, the crowd went nuts.

I did find a really great download of OMTWF, so nevermind.

A truly magical show, we got to hear four songs we've never heard her perform live before. Blue Lips, Ghost of Corporate Future, Music Box, and last but most impressive, One More Time With Feeling. This song displayed her range perhaps better than any other, she really belted it out. Where can I find the best quality bootleg of this song?

Duh, she also did Lessons On How Fleeting Preservation Is and Uh-merica, which was really fun, the crowd went nuts.

Agreed. One More Time With Feeling was probably the best song sung. She really got into it and the whole crowd was silent. That and Blue Lips made the price of admission completely worth it.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Where can I find the best quality bootleg of this song?

Was it DanLynch's Hammerstein recording? Because I hope you noticed there are amazing recordings of Fleeting Preservation and Small Town Moon from that concert, too.

I guess it seems more and more obvious that, by this point of the tour, these shows aren't really aimed at us, the hardcore Regina fans, nor are they about representing Regina's process or the more unpredictable aspects of her identity. They seem to be more regimented, as though there is a particular format to be followed and repeated in each town with slight variations, in the hopes that, with all the people coming to her shows for the first time, some kind of consistent and charming impression is made.

As a result, there's not really any sense of risks being taken on this tour. I suspect that's what making it seem a little flat for many of us. We know that Regina is a risk-taker, and that she embraces adventure and is creative and unpredictable as a songwriter.

These shows are not really showing that side of her at all, so perhaps that is why there's this strange ennui about them for anyone who has seen her before.

But I've stopped feeling badly about it. She's playing out this first enormous tour after having grown much more popular. It shouldn't be surprising that the agenda for the tour is a little more cautious, a little more formulaic.

But I suspect you can't really keep Regina's innate intensity and her questingly mercurial nature in check forever. Smiler There are new surprises afoot in the new CD I'm sure, and perhaps the next tour will be a little less docile, a little less well-behaved and similar in every town.....hmmm...... *imagines this*

quote:
Originally posted by filax11:

quote:
Originally posted by Marry Ann:

Review of this show:

Dallas show review

In sharp contrast to this review of the same show I must say. Confused

Wow, that review sucked. We shall see if they post my comment below that I left at the site.

Hmm, I don't think you were at the same show as we were, she was fantastic. Try getting to the show earlier, get closer to the stage. Yeah, the crying toddler was bogus, and I'd love to slap the crap out of the bartenders tossing bottles. chatty trend chasers, and flash photographers, but up where we were, about 5 feet from the stage, she was better than ever. Would I prefer to have seen her in a coffee house in the Bronx, like she was playing just 2 short years ago? Sure, who wouldn't, but she's way to popular for that now. Is she supposed to put on a big fancy arena show now that she's selling out 2,000 seat facilities? None of the fans like myself, who have been following her skyrocketing career since then would ever want that. I've seen her twice before, with her band, and I truly believe her genius shines even brighter solo. The sound in the venue was just fine, she just wanted more vocal in her monitors, so she can hear herself and help stay in key.

I too came to Regina as a long time Tori fan, but I get a completely different result from listening to Regina. Tori is on another level musically, and that's just fine with me. Regina has a charm which is even more adorable when and if you ever get the chance to meet her in person. She is as warm and funny as you can ever imagine, and those of us who love her are even more able to tune out some of the rudeness of audiences. The two songs the audience didn't talk over? Probably Blue Lips and One More Time With Feeling, two unrecorded gems which will likely be on her next album, which obviously 99% of the crowd didn't know the words to.

Stripped pianos and heartbreaking lyrics? Give me a break! Hey I love Little Earthquakes, but I'm a 41 year old straight male that can easily see and hear almost zero commonality between Miss Amos' early work and anything by Regina. Seriously, before you take the time to review a show by an artist you obviously know little about, at least take the time to listen to their material. Seriously, I've been to over 50 concerts since high school, and your has to be the lamest and most off-base review I've ever read.