Sign in to follow this  
Hcror

Why do some seem so mean about new threads?

It seems as if everyday I see someone make a negative comment about an individual who's just asking a question or even posting helpful information to the misinformed, and even posting shows .

I understand how you could look at it in a cold sense and believe that it's useless thread and want people to use the appropriate tools before asking a question that was already answered in 05' , but must you comment on it in such a rude manner?

The people who make these comments appear to actually be really nice. It's weird. Different people have different styles of reading/posting. Some of the stuff you people say appear to really hurt the OP - who's probably expecting to come into these forums that are probably full of really nice people willing to discuss Regina Spektor, her music, and all involved.

I don't know.. I'm just saying.. try to be nice.

It seems as if everyday I see someone make a negative comment about an individual who's just asking a question or even posting helpful information to the misinformed, and even posting shows .

I understand how you could look at it in a cold sense and believe that it's useless thread and want people to use the appropriate tools before asking a question that was already answered in 05' , but must you comment on it in such a rude manner?

The people who make these comments appear to actually be really nice. It's weird. Different people have different styles of reading/posting. Some of the stuff you people say appear to really hurt the OP - who's probably expecting to come into these forums that are probably full of really nice people willing to discuss Regina Spektor, her music, and all involved.

I don't know.. I'm just saying.. try to be nice.

I think people just type a response without thinking about it. They just get irritated at the moment and don't consider that the poster may be new and not realize a similar post exists. Generally the people here are very nice, its the lack of a moderator that is really the problem!

usually these types of threads are based towards me x]]] cuz im really mean!

but yeah. sometimes people just like make a ton of new threads just cuz they watched a video... and im like

not-coolness.

but i like our anarchist ways!~ no moderation! FREEDOM.

(but its getting kinda messy up in heahh)

Come on guys, as far as forums go this is a very friendly an helpful one! Yes we have our problems but I think the reminders to use the search feature are small beans compared to the problems we could have! And in general these reminders are just made in the effort to keep the forum as orderly as possible!

I've noticed some of the threads that start out seemingly pointless or even stupid can generate really good discussions. You just never know. At the risk of sounding like a bad movie, the forum is what you make it. Being nice to people usually makes it better. That's not to say that the find feature isn’t a handy little tool it would be wise to take advantage of.

Stick around here for a while and see some of these repetitive subjects posted over and over when the person obviously didn't even bother to do a search. I admit it can become annoying to me. Especially when I find the answer for them by doing a search. It feels like the person was too lazy to do it for themselves.

This isn't anything new or unique to this community. It exists in all forums. It's just so much easier to take care of in the others when you have a moderator. They take these similiar posts and move them so they are all together.

As far as mean, this forum is by far, head and shoulders above most all others as far as people being kind and helpful. I have or do belong to others that can't compare to the sense of community here. If you don't see this you haven't been to many forums.

In defense of SOAS. I have had ocassion to get in to something with him over a response. What I realize now is even though he puts up this tough front, his sig about being mean, he really is an okay guy. He just doesn't see his posts from the same perspective as the reader some times.

We have a wonderful caring community here.....believe that! Cool

Trust me, I know other forums..

D2JSP, Dtrades, BH, WoW, WoM, /B/, as well as many others that I regularly read but do not post that often in .. such as this forum, which I have been reading on and off for about a year and a half now. I agree.. this forum doesn't compare in meanness like the ones I've mentioned above, but they're also full of 14-21 year old geeks, assholes, and newbs who just like cursing at each other.

I understand why you would want to use the search tool for a lot of things having to do with different subjects, but this is a Regina Spektor forum... it's not a big deal to have 2 threads concerning the exact same thing within a 2 year span.