Sign in to follow this  
Hcror

Why do some seem so mean about new threads?

quote:
Originally posted by Hcror:

it's not a big deal to have 2 threads concerning the exact same thing within a 2 year span.

It sure isn't. And it's also not a big deal to point out that other thread especially when it contains additional information and thoughts!

quote:

It sure isn't. And it's also not a big deal to point out that other thread especially when it contains additional information and thoughts!

Ok, but must the thread be declared as pointless? And not just pointless, but the response be directed towards the usual crowd of Brumstix forum goers and basically writing the OP off as an idiot - only to force them to think twice before they share their thoughts or ideas again.

quote:

Ok, but must the thread be declared as pointless?

No.

Some people shoot from the hip. Some people don't read their posts and do them in haste. Some people don't think of the OP's perspective. Being a member of other forums I know you know this.

I still think it happens to a much lesser degree here. Hell, you know people wouldn't dare post this thread for fear of belittling and retribution. The fact that you can do it here and have civil conversations about it speaks volumes don't you think?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

I still think it happens to a much lesser degree here. Hell, you know people wouldn't dare post this thread for fear of belittling and retribution. The fact that you can do it here and have civil conversations about it speaks volumes don't you think?

You're right and it does speak volumes, which is why evidence of the topic seemed odd. All in all you guys are really nice people.

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

so lets take that paranoia and throw it awayyyy

yeshh. do that.

I'd really like to but considering the fact that I'm very paranoid to begin with and how there's a suspicious car that's been parked outside for hours. It's parked in somewhat of a neutral area. It basically shows that the car and its driver who was also in the car during the time, doesn't belong to the neighborhood, and is not friend or family of any house on the block. Now on top of all that - when I returned home from a walk, (about 15 minutes later) the car drove off.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

so lets take that paranoia and throw it awayyyy

yeshh. do that.

I'd really like to but considering the fact that I'm very paranoid to begin with and how there's a suspicious car that's been parked outside for hours. It's parked in somewhat of a neutral area. It basically shows that the car and its driver who was also in the car during the time, doesn't belong to the neighborhood, and is not friend or family of any house on the block. Now on top of all that - when I returned home from a walk, (about 15 minutes later) the car drove off.

I might be a little paranoid if that happened to me too. Eeker

It is a little annoying when a whole bunch of new fans come along and don't introduce or aquaint themselves with the basic functions of the forum ie. search

But you know what we'er all friends so it's not really a big issue, it's just courteous.