Sign in to follow this  
Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin

A Pointless Thread

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

The moon is so pretty tonight. I just wanted to tell someone that. Smiler

I love when the moon is giant and orange. And I also love it when the moon lights up the night, and everything has that eerie white glow to it. More than anything, though, I love the nights when the sky is clear and a sea of stars surrounds me. At these times I take a clear glimpse into the vast and endless universe, pondering the beauty of my own insignificance... Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin:

I love when the moon is giant and orange. And I also love it when the moon lights up the night, and everything has that eerie white glow to it.

Ahhh, the harvest moon....

2011055286_2a249c285f_o.jpg

I love the harvest moon! But tonight the moon is an extremely thin and perfect sickle, its amber colored and kind of looks like cheese Razzer Its cloudy here too and I got to watch the moon completely disappear behind a cloud. It was cool to watch but kind of sad.

haha since this is a pointless thread i dont feel bad about posting this.

people think im wierd anyways, but it doesnt help that my family are mountain folk and still keep the old superstitions and wives tales. so i walked into school the other day and was like "theres a ring around the moon..its gunna be a crazy day" and everyone now thinks im even wierder lol. but it was a very messed up day so sometimes i think there is truth in those old superstitions. like a broom drops so company's coming, or your ears are red someones talking about you. Smiler

This pointless thread is actually kind of poetic. Smiler

My daughter had to keep a moon journal for a month one year (homework). We had to go out and observe the moon for awhile every night around mid Nov-mid Dec. It was cold out sometimes, but it was interesting to see the moon change. And it was often pretty outside at night.

One of my favorite memories with my mom is her waking me up in the middle of the night to go outside and watch a meteor shower. We cuddled up in a blanket on the driveway because it was sooo cold! But it was so much fun too and so beautiful.

My daughter's favorite book back in the day was Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.

541622754_f01f1f03dc_o.jpg

I can still remember......In the great green room there was a telephone and a red ballon and a picture of-

The cow jumping over the moon.........

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

This pointless thread is actually kind of poetic. Smiler

My daughter had to keep a moon journal for a month one year (homework). We had to go out and observe the moon for awhile every night around mid Nov-mid Dec. It was cold out sometimes, but it was interesting to see the moon change. And it was often pretty outside at night.

I had to make a moon diary a few years ago over about a month, but I completely forgot and just made it up. Does anyone actually know what makes the moon orange? I had never seen it before but saw it twice over the summer and was like Eeker