Sign in to follow this  
Crispy Crispy Benjamin Franklin

A Pointless Thread

Ahhh right. Same reason as

Pink sky at night, shepherds' delight

Pink sky in the morning, shepherds' warning

Ya gotta love dispersion/refraction/whatever it was that my GCSE physics teacher taught me. Thanks andreseng!

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

Ahhh right. Same reason as

Pink sky at night, shepherds' delight

Pink sky in the morning, shepherds' warning

Ya gotta love dispersion/refraction/whatever it was that my GCSE physics teacher taught me. Thanks andreseng!

We say sailors' instead of shepherds'. lol..It's funny how every place has it's different interpretations of the same phrase.

Sailors? Pah, I'm Irish so I'm clearly right Razzer But I actually think there's a bit in the Bible with Jesus shouting at people (I think they were asking for a miracle) and he says that they predict the weather by looking at the colour of the sky. So clearly you people have stolen the original Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

My daughter's favorite book back in the day was Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.

541622754_f01f1f03dc_o.jpg

I can still remember......In the great green room there was a telephone and a red ballon and a picture of-

The cow jumping over the moon.........

Hey! My little brother has a version of this on tape. And he used to watch it every night before going to bed. But that can't beat having it actually read to you...

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

Not in Ireland. Haha.. I live in the U.S. in Connecticut.

My cousin lives in Conneticut. My uncle moved over there and married a nurse, whose parents were also born in Ireland, which is a cool coincidence. My cousin's now in the US Air Force as a pharmacist. Or at least he was when I last heard of him. Aaand that's it