Sign in to follow this  
jenny em

Nashville show cancelled

article

Last night, Regina Spektor collapsed and was taken to a nearby hospital during her sound check for her scheduled show at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. The New York-based singer/songwriter was held for observation and according to her publicist, Steven Trachtenbroit, she collapsed due to a severe inner ear infection which caused a sudden case of vertigo. "Regina was released late last night and is resting comfortably," says Trachtenbroit. "[she] is extremely disappointed that she had to cancel on her fans."

oh my gosh..poor thing.....she needs a break!.. Frowner

she plays such a huge amount of shows in so little time..i feel horribly for her. shes probably getting so tired, even if it was directly caused by an ear infection, all this touring has GOT to be getting to her. i think it explains a lot of what people are saying about the lack of crowd interaction and such

Yeah, I'm sure all the touring just made it even worse. Ear infections really suck on their own, but I can't imagine going through that with everything else she has to do. Plus she's been sick on top of that. I hope she takes a nice long vacation very soon!

Oh, an nasty ear infection! I hope she didn't get her pretty face busted up and bruised (or any other body parts!) Once, in 6th grade my teacher collapsed into a row of lockers and the floor due to an ear infection. She had to wear sunglasses for more than a week b/c of the black eyes. Eeker