Sign in to follow this  
4goals

Regina Gone Vertigo

So with Regina's recent vertigo/inner ear explosion experience, i was wondering if you all have had such experiences before.

After i heard about her collapse, my own vertigo experience popped into my mind.

I passed out/ collapsed walking to the clinic in my high school, and the last thing i remembered and thought as I hit the wall and slid down was...."I'm not going to College!" I thought i was dying or something b/c my head started ringing like mad and i started getting dizzy and my heart was beating like a tribal drum and I had fever symptoms hit me in like 30 seconds. weirdest thing ever.

Everyone has to have some collapsing story!

So with Regina's recent vertigo/inner ear explosion experience, i was wondering if you all have had such experiences before.

After i heard about her collapse, my own vertigo experience popped into my mind.

I passed out/ collapsed walking to the clinic in my high school, and the last thing i remembered and thought as I hit the wall and slid down was...."I'm not going to College!" I thought i was dying or something b/c my head started ringing like mad and i started getting dizzy and my heart was beating like a tribal drum and I had fever symptoms hit me in like 30 seconds. weirdest thing ever.

well, one year at a choir practice recital, i had felt sick that morning and i decided to go anyway for the sake of it being the last year. turns out my conditioned worsened as i got through the day.

i had felt really dizzy and nauseous and i went onstage for our morning practice. we sang throught the first couple of songs and i started feeling hotter and hotter and then RANDOMLY i felt fine. like i was brand new again.

and then i started to feel reeeeeeally cold. i started to get offstage because i knew SOMETHING was wrong with me! i started to go into the side halll of the concerto hall and i started feeling floaty and sick and really nauseous and dizzy and really like the whole world was spinning under my uncoordinated feet. i started to run towards the bathroom so i could faint or something! but as i was running, i tripped and hit the wall hard.(btw everyone tells me that was the most drunk walk they had ever seen)XD

i passed out and awoke about twenty minutes later. i was in the bathrooom with one of my old math teachers. (i was her favoriteBig GrinBig Grin)she had taken me to the bathroom to help me. and as soon as i woke up i threw up in the toilet.

idk WHAT was wrong with me. i still performed at the concert, sickness and all. but i woke up and i felt better the next morning.

weird.

quote:
Originally posted by 4goals:

Nope. I seriously have never fainted, collapsed, passed out, or otherwise lost consciousness ever.

Closest I have come was riding the Millenium Force at Cedar Point. *best roller coaster EVER!* Coming down the first big drop, the edges of my eyes started going black. I was like whoa this is sorta cool, since it's never happened before, I'm kinda liking it! But I didn't black out entirely, which probably wouldn't have been cool at all.

i have this happen to me A LOT..

i was taking a shower one of the times. i remember blinking and when i opened my eyes again i was practically hugging the shower wall...and i remember thinking about how soft and nice it felt, like a pillow.. and then i just toppled over, scraping my back on the faucet, and just layed there unconscious until one of my parents busted down the door, hearing the crash.

lmao..that is one of the toppers on the list of my most embarassing moments..because the whole family rushed in and when i came to my senses, there wasnt a moment of confusion or anything of that sort..i instantly thought was "oh SHIT!! get me a towel and stop looking at me!"

I don't really know why but I've had problems with getting extremely dizzy/passing out since I was really little. Its usually in the morning, its like I feel like I'm breathing really cold, deep breaths, then I feel nauseous and then the world starts to look like an old movie...all fuzzy and brown, and my ears buzz out all sound and then...plop haha.

Everytime this has happened I've been at home so no big deal. But my senior year in High School I participated in a festival in my town called the Azelea Festival. Part of the festival is that high school senior girls with good grades yada yada are chosen to be "azelea belles." It pretty much means you get to dress up in hoop skirts and period dresses and be present for all the opening ceremonies/stand in random gardens around town. I'm sure it sounds dumb but its a big honor to be chosen and my sister had done it before me so I was really happy to be asked to participate. Well during one of the opening ceremonies (which lasted about 2 hours of standing in the same position in the hot sun in a heavy hoop skirt) the belles line up and men from the Citadel lined up between us. As we were standing I started to feel the same familiar cold breaths and I knew trouble was coming. Sure enough, I went down. And woke up to one of the guys at my shoulder shoving water in my face. I was so so sooooo embarrassed!! But I stayed there for the remainder of the ceremony anyway and was extra careful to stay hydrated and cool for the rest of the week!

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by 4goals:

Nope. I seriously have never fainted, collapsed, passed out, or otherwise lost consciousness ever.

Closest I have come was riding the Millenium Force at Cedar Point. *best roller coaster EVER!* Coming down the first big drop, the edges of my eyes started going black. I was like whoa this is sorta cool, since it's never happened before, I'm kinda liking it! But I didn't black out entirely, which probably wouldn't have been cool at all.

I love rollercoasters but that always happens to me! Takes away some of the fun but definitely not all!

this happened to me during a concert. (luckily it didnt hppen at tonights concert but the one before last.) someone stole my dress so i had to fit into someones who was absent. and lets just say they are smaller than me, so i had to squeeze my curves into a stick dress. i was singing and it was a little hard to breathe, not too bad. Then all of a sudden i was out. i woke up with my head on the floor and my feet on the third riser. it was completely scary and the whole audience gasped. now we have a strict dress stealing policy Smiler.