Sign in to follow this  
shorty_longpants

I talked to Tom Waits yesterday

I work at Whole Foods in Northern California and he's a customer there. Tom came through my line and I bagged his cereal and anti-head cold medicine. Normally you cannot talk to Tom about music unless you want to be ignored, but I was brave and ready for rejection. I leaned over to Tom and told him I enjoyed the Bridge School Benefit Concert (where he and Regina performed at the end of October) and his response was "I had a lot of fun."

I work at Whole Foods in Northern California and he's a customer there. Tom came through my line and I bagged his cereal and anti-head cold medicine. Normally you cannot talk to Tom about music unless you want to be ignored, but I was brave and ready for rejection. I leaned over to Tom and told him I enjoyed the Bridge School Benefit Concert (where he and Regina performed at the end of October) and his response was "I had a lot of fun."

Wow... just wow, i honestly couldn't decide who i would be the most excited to met, regina or tom waits, not exactly likely either way, given the geography. kasey chambers would be cool too, and far more realistic.

seriously... wow

quote:
Originally posted by tearose:

Wow... just wow, i honestly couldn't decide who i would be the most excited to met, regina or tom waits, not exactly likely either way, given the geography. kasey chambers would be cool too, and far more realistic.

seriously... wow

Wow, I love Kasey Chambers too!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Wow, I love Kasey Chambers too!

lol, that's unexpected, but she is great, just not particularly well known... outside the australian country scene. most of my friends (okay... all) hate country music, i just like what i like, and don't bother with labels or genera. and no one has ever actually been able to tell me that 'Round here' isn't amazing, though they do seem to show a distinct lack of appreciation for 'Too long in the wasteland"