Sign in to follow this  
dentistgirl

Feist was Amazing

Guys, I realize this isn’t really Regina material, but I wanted to tell someone what an amazing time I had at the Feist concert last night in Columbus. Her opener, Jason Collet, wasn’t exactly my fav, but it was really cute that Feist played drums for the first few songs of his set.

Then, she comes out for her portion of the show, walking with a cane, and I just couldn’t help but think how she was taking out a little page of Regina history. Alas, it was a twisted ankle and not her hip. She sounded amazing! Brandy Alexander was seriously one of my favorites of the night, but 1234 and Mushaboom were great. What am I saying? Everything was great! It was also fun when she asked everyone to get out any light making devices so she could do some serious ballad singing. Ah, nothing like the warm glow of cellphones. The show definitely took an interesting turn when Feist helped some guy in the audience propose to his girlfriend. Very cute and unexpected.

The venue was also excellent, the Wexner Center. It was seated and quite large. I was in the front row of the balcony, which was sweet. The audience consisted of more middle aged people than I expected; regardless, you could hear a pin drop even during the opener. There were only one or two obnoxious shout outs the entire show. The audience was super respectful. During his set, Jason Collet was like in awe of how quiet we were being. He was like “Wow, this is such a civilized audience!” Then people started to scream, and he was like “No, no, I’m not trying to start something, that was a compliment!” If only it could be like that for Regina.

Guys, I realize this isn’t really Regina material, but I wanted to tell someone what an amazing time I had at the Feist concert last night in Columbus. Her opener, Jason Collet, wasn’t exactly my fav, but it was really cute that Feist played drums for the first few songs of his set.

Then, she comes out for her portion of the show, walking with a cane, and I just couldn’t help but think how she was taking out a little page of Regina history. Alas, it was a twisted ankle and not her hip. She sounded amazing! Brandy Alexander was seriously one of my favorites of the night, but 1234 and Mushaboom were great. What am I saying? Everything was great! It was also fun when she asked everyone to get out any light making devices so she could do some serious ballad singing. Ah, nothing like the warm glow of cellphones. The show definitely took an interesting turn when Feist helped some guy in the audience propose to his girlfriend. Very cute and unexpected.

The venue was also excellent, the Wexner Center. It was seated and quite large. I was in the front row of the balcony, which was sweet. The audience consisted of more middle aged people than I expected; regardless, you could hear a pin drop even during the opener. There were only one or two obnoxious shout outs the entire show. The audience was super respectful. During his set, Jason Collet was like in awe of how quiet we were being. He was like “Wow, this is such a civilized audience!” Then people started to scream, and he was like “No, no, I’m not trying to start something, that was a compliment!” If only it could be like that for Regina.

Oooh! Awesome. I love Fiest. I love how at a lit of her concerts she does something that a lot of people would never do like help someone propose or let the audience get on stage and dance with her.

It's nice to read this report. Feist always seems (in interviews and public appearances) to be intelligent, laid-back, comfortable with herself and unpretentious. Performers who can relax with their audiences and kind of just "flow" with the evening are always rewarding to see. Glad to know Feist is one of these -- I hope I have a chance to see her someday. Smiler