MusicLover_2007

Hey I dreamt about Regina!

^ That would sure make life easy!

Last night I dreamt that I was at my grandmother's and someone was playing a Rachmaninov prelude on her piano (I was listening to Rachmaninov falling asleep, so that might have explained that) but he or she wasn't very good, so I left to go to a Regina show, and my friend Shannon begged and begged with me to come. And I think that was all. Maybe there was more, hopefully it'll come to me in a bit.

I had another vivid regina dream! I was in my bedroom, looking out the window, and regina was in my backyard at a piano doing a concert! I look around my room, and there were about ten people in it (all of whom were total strangers fabricated by my subconscious) enjoying the concert with me. We then spent a good portion of the dream discussing regina's music. This part of the dream was surprisingly realistic, ignoring the fact that we were talking so loudly we could barely hear the music through the closed window. Here's a chunk of the conversation I remember:

Some guy: "I'd say 'Us' is the most essential regina song."

Me: "Yeah, the top five essentials would probably be Us, Pavlov's Daughter..."

Guy: "F*** yeah! Pavlov's Daughter!"

Me: "Hey, do you hear that? She's doing 'All the Rowboats right now!'"

Girl: "What's All the Rowboats? I don't know this one! *starts to cry*"

Me: "Get up close to the window and listen. It's epic."

It turned out that she just played the intro of All the Rowboats, and then improvised a wonderful little melody.

It was a most satisfying dream. Big Grin

I had a Regina dream last night! Big Grin

In the dream my parents had dropped me off in New York, and told me to do whatever I wanted, and they left. So, I pretty much just walked around until night, and ended up bumping into Kimya Dawson, and Regina. They were asking me why I was walking around alone at night, and they kinda just kidnapped me, but it was a nice kidnapping. They took me to there hippie van( it was so awesome, the van was painted with those little flowers, peace signs, and John Lennons face!), and drove me to, I'm guessing, Regina's appartment.When we got to her place there was a whole bunch of people lined up outside her door, so she let me in. Her appartment was also painted with a whole bunch of cool pictures and her walls were covered with vinyl record covers, it was very colourful. All of a sudden room turned into the roof of the building, and all the people that were waiting were there, and a stage just rose up from the roof with Regina and Kimya on it, and they started playing music, and everyone started leaving.

and then I woke up Frowner

I had an interesting couple of dreams last night.

I don't really remember the first two, but in the third one, I was at a Regina show at some beeeautiful concert hall, except it was being filmed for SNL, so there were TV cameras and such. I was sitting with someone I don't usually go to concerts with, but I can't remember who, and there were dogs from our local animal shelter wandering around that needed to be adopted. (I adopted a jack russell terrier mix, he was adorable.) Anyhow, Kanye West and Taylor Swift both performed but neither one was interrupted but it was very obvious that they were both lip syncing. Then Regina came out and sat down to do Fidelity but the mic was off because no one else was actually singing. So she yells, "FUCK THIS, I'll do it later! I need a break!" And jumps off the stage.

Then, I spotted my horse back riding instructor, and her daughter sitting on the front of the stage eating pizza. (Of course.) I wanted to go talk to them, so I started heading toward the stage, but my friend's mom intercepted me and started chatting with me about horses. At that moment, I noticed Regina was leaning casually against the stage so I told her mom that I had to go because I saw someone I knew, but I would be back later.

I was so excited as I started to approach Regina because I actually knew what I wanted to say, and my mind was mercilessly not full of gibberish as it usually is when I try to talk to her. I was about to open my mouth to say, "Your music means so much to me!" When I woke up. But it was bizarre, while I was walking toward her I was slowly becoming aware of my surroundings and the fact that I was asleep but my mind was clinging to the dream. It was like a badly tuned tv, the dream went in and out of focus.

I had an awesome, random dream! It started out as a Regina/Ben Folds concert where they sang You Don't Know Me and it was incredible! Then I went home and started to read what looked like an average hardcover novel you'd find at any bookstore, but then I realized its cover was the Far cover! Apparently in my dream I had read this a million times. I can't imagine what it would be a book of, maybe short stories that come from her songs? That would be so amazing if she actually published it; I predict a bestseller!

Wow..! When I saw this thread I was surprised so many people had dreams about her, but I had my first Regina dream last night! I was at her concert. It was held outside in a field. I was in the back, but as soon as she left (before her encore) everyone in the audience also left so I rushed to the front to wait for her encore. But... someone had cut down a tree that was vital to the ecosystem of the field so the concert was cancelled. More stuff happened but it was bizarre. It was like a mix of Fergully, stuff from my biology classes and Regina Spektor.