Sign in to follow this  
Eliana

Break up songs?

quote:
Originally posted by silentatdawn:

Rootless tree-Damien Rice..it just feels like one for me...i've overused it as an anger/depression management technique Smiler

Oh my! Ingrid! I listened to it so much when i was going through my break up... Our tastes in music seem to be pretty similar!

quote:
Originally posted by Ксения:

quote:

Rootless tree-Damien Rice..it just feels like one for me...i've overused it as an anger/depression management technique Smiler

Oh my! Ingrid! I listened to it so much when i was going through my break up... Our tastes in music seem to be pretty similar!

Smiler)..wow...we do have much in common...i wonder if you also listen to this song: precious things it's filled with passion..and anger..best for those kind of moments.i'm pretty much into tori amos,regina spektor,damien rice,ingrid michaelson,bruce springsteen and tracy chapman,sarah mclaughlin,the cranberries,scorpions,fleetwood mac..oh man the list is too long to write them all hereSmiler)..it depends on my mood..there are those songs that you feel you are having a conversation withSmiler

quote:
wow...we do have much in common...i wonder if you also listen to this song: precious things it's filled with passion..and anger..best for those kind of moments.i'm pretty much into tori amos,regina spektor,damien rice,ingrid michaelson,bruce springsteen and tracy chapman,sarah mclaughlin,the cranberries,scorpions,fleetwood mac..oh man the list is too long to write them all hereSmiler)..it depends on my mood..there are those songs that you feel you are having a conversation withSmiler

Mhm, i agree, i love Tracy Chapman, Scorpions too! Tori Amos doesnt touch me for some reason as Regina does.

Ingrid, i dont know where i should fit this post, but Regina is coming to Poland to a festival in July! I think you should get a chance to go there! Wink

July??..oh darnFrowner i'm having my bachelor exam and masters exam in July..in what city will she perform?and...on what date..in case you know.Smilerit would be amazing if i could go...probably my only chance to see her live...getting exited..by the way you have a very beautiful name(just read your post explaining you name)

quote:

July??..oh darnFrowner i'm having my bachelor exam and masters exam in July..in what city will she perform?and...on what date..in case you know.Smilerit would be amazing if i could go...probably my only chance to see her live...getting exited..by the way you have a very beautiful name(just read your post explaining you name)

aww ^^ Thank you! Yea, she's going to perfom in Gdynia, it's on the south of Poland, on the 3rd of July. I wish i could go there, it breaks my heart, coz it's so close to my country! Oh maan! Frowner

Well, if you want fairly cheesy breakup songs, much of the album Give Up by the postal service is good. Songs like Nothing Better and The District Sleeps Alone Tonight and Your Heart is an Empty room... yeah, The Postal Service are good for breakup songs. Deathcab too, Title and Registration is a good one.

Damien Rice - Cheers Darlin'

Eliot Smith - Everything Reminds Me of Her

Bright Eyes (there's a lot but specifically) - Haleigh, Haleigh, a Lie, Haleigh and The Calendar Hung Itself.

If you're angry/like more hardcore breakup songs then I think Three Cigarettes by The Sleeping is good.

Stars - Your Ex-Lover is Dead, The Big Fight, One More Night

And since I have Les Miserables on my mind non-stop, On My Own.

And of course all the reg songs mentioned, plus Rejazz, Braille, Samson and maybe Patron Saint.