Sign in to follow this  
post-modern-girl

Kate Nash

Ok, I do appreciate that Kate Nash has openly stated that Regina Spektor has heavily influenced her, but have any of you listened to her music? Her album Made of Bricks, (with exception of her released material) screams REGINA! And it annoyed me a little bit, simply because i love Ms. Spektors music.

Any one else notice/are annoyed by this? Or am i alone in my disbelief?

Ok, I do appreciate that Kate Nash has openly stated that Regina Spektor has heavily influenced her, but have any of you listened to her music? Her album Made of Bricks, (with exception of her released material) screams REGINA! And it annoyed me a little bit, simply because i love Ms. Spektors music.

Any one else notice/are annoyed by this? Or am i alone in my disbelief?

Nope, it doesn't annoy me in the slightest!

I love that Kate uses Regina's influence in her own music.

And at the end of the day we're all just re-creating something that has been done before arnt we, the only difference is we're leaving our own little mark on it.

Crack on Kate!

It's just like saying that Regina is heavily influenced by Bjork (I know she is a little) but really it's acctually quite comforting to know that these people are listening to the same stuff as us.

At first I kind of steryotyped (sorry for the spelling error) Kate Nash And her name sounded like a country singer so I didn't listen to her, big mistake. Personally I love Kate Nash I think It's great someone is using their love of Regina as an influence in their songs. And, Kate sounds great, but still can't find her album anywere!??!

personally i love kate nash. and i know for me when i listen to music it affects my own music. i love kate nashs music, and i love playing kate nashs music! her songs are fun and sometimes deep. amanda really said everything i needed. i give her los of credit, and i dont believe she is COPYING regina, her music just comes out heavily infuenced. and the fact that she is a fellow regina fan really made me want to test out her music.

i just wanted to say... really great job expressing your opinion respectfully! thumbs up!

anyways, i semi-agree i like her songs but shes not regina, but she's young i think we should expect great things. sometimes i hear her songs and thing.. great concept but a little off a wonderful song. theres room for improvment but i see such great potential!