Sign in to follow this  
4goals

A Semi-Pro Review

So my uncle owns a internet music site...i forget what it is called...but i sent him some of Regina's music and asked him what he thought...I only sent 4 songs and asked him to review them. It was so hard to chose four. Here is what he sent back.

First Impressions: Overall, I like the simple music supporting her lyrics; it’s all about the message. Very Dylanesque. She is a poet that wants you to listen to her poem again and again to try and understand the message. She loves to point out the hypocrisy in our world. The music makes it easy as she has a very pretty and delicate voice that can become very powerful when she wants to grab your attention. Contrast that with the anger and sarcasm aimed at society’s norms and it is very engaging. Rightfully so.

Ghost of Corp Future. - Starts off kind of haunting. Very simple but her wit is cutting. Almost amusing the way she crams a lot of words in to get a thought across. Then makes you pay attention – and think. Slight Dylan “Subterranean Homesick Blues” coupled with Dan Carvey’s “Broccoli” song from SNL . 4 stars.

Blue Lips. – Live. Reminds me of a Sinead O’Conner song, I just can’t think of which one. I would guess she is of Gaelic origin but I’m probably wrong. I love the refrain. Definitely makes you think… 3 stars.

Consequence of Sound – This is rap. Without the bass. Sounds like you and Ricki Lee Jones combined. Funky, kicky, quirky, rambling. I like it. 3 stars.

Apres Moi - Probably my favorite of the four. Very powerful. Builds strongly. “Cossack” sounding. 4+ stars.

I know artists hate to be compared, and you probably hate me comparing her to anyone, but these are the influences I hear: Norah Jones, Ricki Lee Jones, Sinead O’Conner, CSN (mostly Graham Nash), Bob Dylan. She is a very impressive singer/songwriter and you should pay attention to what she says (as you are!). Change the world.

So my uncle owns a internet music site...i forget what it is called...but i sent him some of Regina's music and asked him what he thought...I only sent 4 songs and asked him to review them. It was so hard to chose four. Here is what he sent back.

First Impressions: Overall, I like the simple music supporting her lyrics; it’s all about the message. Very Dylanesque. She is a poet that wants you to listen to her poem again and again to try and understand the message. She loves to point out the hypocrisy in our world. The music makes it easy as she has a very pretty and delicate voice that can become very powerful when she wants to grab your attention. Contrast that with the anger and sarcasm aimed at society’s norms and it is very engaging. Rightfully so.

Ghost of Corp Future. - Starts off kind of haunting. Very simple but her wit is cutting. Almost amusing the way she crams a lot of words in to get a thought across. Then makes you pay attention – and think. Slight Dylan “Subterranean Homesick Blues” coupled with Dan Carvey’s “Broccoli” song from SNL . 4 stars.

Blue Lips. – Live. Reminds me of a Sinead O’Conner song, I just can’t think of which one. I would guess she is of Gaelic origin but I’m probably wrong. I love the refrain. Definitely makes you think… 3 stars.

Consequence of Sound – This is rap. Without the bass. Sounds like you and Ricki Lee Jones combined. Funky, kicky, quirky, rambling. I like it. 3 stars.

Apres Moi - Probably my favorite of the four. Very powerful. Builds strongly. “Cossack” sounding. 4+ stars.

I know artists hate to be compared, and you probably hate me comparing her to anyone, but these are the influences I hear: Norah Jones, Ricki Lee Jones, Sinead O’Conner, CSN (mostly Graham Nash), Bob Dylan. She is a very impressive singer/songwriter and you should pay attention to what she says (as you are!). Change the world.