Sign in to follow this  
jenny em

Make-up dates postponed indefinitely

I found this when I got a Yahoo!news alert for Regina this morning...probably good that we all see it!

quote:
Russian-born singer-pianist Regina Spektor has further postponed a date with Ryman Auditorium ticketholders because of lingering illness, Ryman officials announced Friday night.

Spektor rescheduled four shows at the end of her North American tour the middle of this month after collapsing on the Ryman stage during a soundcheck. She was rushed to the hospital just before showtime for the nearly sold-out Nov. 14 Nashville date, and diagnosed with vertigo, caused by a severe viral inner ear infection. The Ryman show was rescheduled for this coming week, on Dec. 6.

A Ryman release Friday said, “She returned home to New York to rest, recover, and seek treatment. Unfortunately, according to her doctor, the infection may take many more weeks to clear, and the vertigo episodes will randomly continue to occur throughout her healing process. With great sadness, Regina has no choice but to further postpone her re-scheduled dates in Atlanta (12/5), Nashville (12/6), Norfolk (12/8) and Richmond (12/10) until the New Year.”

Tickets for the original Nov. 14 date in Nashville will be valid for the re-rescheduled date, which soon will be announced. People wanting refunds can get them where they originally bought tickets.

Get better Regina!

I found this when I got a Yahoo!news alert for Regina this morning...probably good that we all see it!

quote:
Russian-born singer-pianist Regina Spektor has further postponed a date with Ryman Auditorium ticketholders because of lingering illness, Ryman officials announced Friday night.

Spektor rescheduled four shows at the end of her North American tour the middle of this month after collapsing on the Ryman stage during a soundcheck. She was rushed to the hospital just before showtime for the nearly sold-out Nov. 14 Nashville date, and diagnosed with vertigo, caused by a severe viral inner ear infection. The Ryman show was rescheduled for this coming week, on Dec. 6.

A Ryman release Friday said, “She returned home to New York to rest, recover, and seek treatment. Unfortunately, according to her doctor, the infection may take many more weeks to clear, and the vertigo episodes will randomly continue to occur throughout her healing process. With great sadness, Regina has no choice but to further postpone her re-scheduled dates in Atlanta (12/5), Nashville (12/6), Norfolk (12/8) and Richmond (12/10) until the New Year.”

Tickets for the original Nov. 14 date in Nashville will be valid for the re-rescheduled date, which soon will be announced. People wanting refunds can get them where they originally bought tickets.

Get better Regina!

From the News page:

Regina Spektor re-scheduled four shows at the tail end of her North American tour after collapsing on stage during soundcheck at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN on November 14th. The immediate diagnosis was vertigo, caused by a severe viral inner ear infection. She returned home to New York to rest, recover, and seek treatment. Unfortunately, according to her doctor, the infection may take many more weeks to clear, and the vertigo episodes will randomly continue to occur throughout her healing process. With great sadness, Regina has no choice but to further postpone her re-scheduled dates in Atlanta (12/5), Nashville (12/6), Norfolk (12/8) and Richmond (12/10).

Frowner

Oh, I didn't mean indefinitely like she's never going to play. I just meant it like...her booking people haven't worked out the new dates yet because they don't know when she's going to be completely well, you know?

quote:
Originally posted by jenny em:

Oh, I didn't mean indefinitely like she's never going to play. I just meant it like...her booking people haven't worked out the new dates yet because they don't know when she's going to be completely well, you know?

oh. alright. Smiler

She'll be fine... I've had vertigo/inner ear and it is a pain but clears up. Everyone at her last dates (Dallas, KC) said she wasn't herself and their observations proved spot on.

Ok, now on to fat boys selfish a*s...

I sent back my Atlanta tickets because there was no way I could make it back for 12/5. This whole "further postponement" calamity will play right back in to my hands as long as I can get tickets !

Ah crap, I just made my hotel reservation yesterday. Guess I'll be cancelling that. Who knows if I'll be able to make it clear to Virginia during the non descript new year. I can only hope. I'll hold on to my tickets.