Sign in to follow this  
Stepped On A Syringe

Brümstix Letter Book

This idea was stolen from the Bjork 4um, but it is very successful over there so i thought we could give it a try.

The book consists of participants that would each write a letter or entry to add the to package when it is sent to you.

So it would start with one person, then they would send their entry on to the next person one the organized list so they could make an entry.

Over on the bjork forum, we have most people not loving in the USA. Mostly Europe and South America--- and its a big deal!

(This is a complicated process, im just seeing if theres an interest in doing it!)

And it can be done. Im following this post with the original poster;s idea and rules.

This idea was stolen from the Bjork 4um, but it is very successful over there so i thought we could give it a try.

The book consists of participants that would each write a letter or entry to add the to package when it is sent to you.

So it would start with one person, then they would send their entry on to the next person one the organized list so they could make an entry.

Over on the bjork forum, we have most people not loving in the USA. Mostly Europe and South America--- and its a big deal!

(This is a complicated process, im just seeing if theres an interest in doing it!)

And it can be done. Im following this post with the original poster;s idea and rules.

We start a 4um letter book. A plain old exercise book with which we fill and cover with letters, pictures, drawings, odds and ends, tickets, anything we can think of.

For example, I buy the exercise and write a letter in it. I then send the book to a volunteer. They add a letter, perhaps they decorate the cover or glue in Rea movie ticket. Said volunteer then sends the book to another volunteer and so on and so forth.

There will be very slight (obvious) rules I will reveal later, but there's no point going on with it if people don't want to do it.

If you like the idea or have any suggestions, post away. Or spam. I love spam.

Mr. Green

--

The rules:

- If you ask for the book, you must be prepared to take complete responsibility for it. To have it sent to you, you must know that you are able to send it on.

- To assure the book reaches its destination, the correct postage price must be payed. If you are unaware of the correct postage price to the address you are sending it to, ask a post-office worker. It must reach its destination safely. Of course its safety is out of our hands once it is in the post, but the best we can do to secure it is to make sure everything about its postage is perfect.

- The only thing you must add to the book is a letter. It may only be a sentence, just add some small piece of writing so that we know what contribution you have made. You might like to just add a note saying that you decorated the cover slightly. A small letter, your name and the date of your entry is sufficient. You can do anything else to the book you like (besides destroying it) as long as you respect contributions from other forumers. For example, if the cover has already been decorated and you want to cover the book in some sort of pretty paper, perhaps you should refrain and simply add something that works in harmony with someone else's contribution.

- Respect people you are receiving the book from and sending the book to. Do not share their personal information (address, name etc.) without their permission.

I think that basically covers it all. We can go with the one-page-per-forumer rule or we can use a couple of pages each or go straight under a shorter entry by someone else. It doesn't really matter.

If you have preferences for postage price just let us know as we go along. There's no point getting worried about it now.

If you're having problems with your own address, we can work that out. If you have a fixed time of moving we can either make sure the book reaches you well beforehand or send it to you once you're settled in your new home. It's really no problem at all!