MusicLover_2007

Who likes anime?

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:

Well I used to be totally obsessed with it when I was in Middle/High school...now it kind of embarrasses me haha (no offence to anyone). But I was really into Saiyuki, Wallflower, Kare Kano, Saikano, Fruits Basket, The Get Backers, Hellsing, Ranma 1/2, Gundam Wing, The Gunslinger Girls, and lot of other random stuff.

Have to say though, the spark of this obsession was undeniably Sailor Moon. I was Sailor Jupiter for Halloween when I was like 11 or so haha.

If you want to rediscover your previous love of anime, I suggest Death Note - you'll not even think you're watching animation.

Actually I have a friend who keeps telling me to watch Death Note...guess I'll just have to check it out then.

OK I watched Death Note and LOVED it, but

****spoiler!****

as soon as L died I was too depressed to go on.

I just thought of something. Although I always said I wanted to be an artist as a kid (hey I said I wanted to be a writer too and the lady who passes out lollipops at the bank) it was anime that really got me drawing. I was obsessed with Sailor Moon from a young age and one day at the optometrist I saw a girl drawing one of the characters and it clicked that hey! I could do that too! I've since abandoned anime for more realistic/abstract pursuits but I'll always appreciate anime for getting me started.

A sample from the old anime days:

anime.jpg

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:

Well I used to be totally obsessed with it when I was in Middle/High school...now it kind of embarrasses me haha (no offence to anyone). But I was really into Saiyuki, Wallflower, Kare Kano, Saikano, Fruits Basket, The Get Backers, Hellsing, Ranma 1/2, Gundam Wing, The Gunslinger Girls, and lot of other random stuff.

Have to say though, the spark of this obsession was undeniably Sailor Moon. I was Sailor Jupiter for Halloween when I was like 11 or so haha.

If you want to rediscover your previous love of anime, I suggest Death Note - you'll not even think you're watching animation.

Actually I have a friend who keeps telling me to watch Death Note...guess I'll just have to check it out then.

OK I watched Death Note and LOVED it, but

****spoiler!****

as soon as L died I was too depressed to go on.

haha SPOILER... BIG TIME!

I'm really into Death Note again, been watching it a lot and my boyfriend has joined an Anime forum so he can geek it up, I was thinking about joining but I feel like Brumstix traitor. lol

I watched Akira last night and Spirited Away today... Can't get enough anime!

Really love Ghost in the Shell (Movies and SAC)... The Major is awesome.

i just finished yesterday (stayed up till 2 to finish it) i was so tired at work and i have to say the first arc w/ L was better than the second, although both were good. the ending seemed too planned and wasn't that suprising to me when the face off btwn N and Kira happend .my fav. char was L (i actually dressed up to look like him, im a nerd lol)

Yea, don't get too psyched about the ending though, it wasn't anything epic lol. Overall it was a good story, I haven't seen the anime, I just read the manga cause I started a long time ago and wanted to finish it and was too lazy to find out where im at in the anime according to the manga lol.

I think I'm right in saying there is more Death Note manga than anime... there are about 100 odd comics and only 40 episodes of anime.

Obviously you can get more in a TV show but still there seems to be more detail in the manga... I may have to read it!

I could totally put it on my iPod and keep my self busy at work.

Oh nice, i don't know if theres more material in the manga or not, but im probably not gonna watch the anime cause im too lazy lol, i mean ive already read it lol.

Anyways, theres this japanese drama that ive been watching and its pretty good, i dont know if your into dramas but ill just recommend it anyways cause who knows lol.. heres a link to episode one if your interested Smiler its called

Last Friends :

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7851614hKDrb66R

its split into parts so you dont have to d/l the program.

hmm, im not that impressed with Code Geass. not my style. and dammit adult swim needs to replay Neon Genisis Evangelion. that was boss. i miss Asuka :\ she was too self destructive for her own good, but thats why i <3 her.

they need to bring Blood+ back, that kicked AYUSSSSSSSSSSS..

and Bleach is getting better, it sucked for a while, i mean the main plot died and then i lost interest but this new stuffs is more interesting :o yay treason

also, any of you watched Cowboy Bebop? its my favorite anime. the other day i was thinking that i need to buy the boxset at Hastings, and then Lady by reg came on, and it totally clicked!

i mean, the saxophone woman/man/neither/wtf/no-one-knows-not-even-shinichiro-wantanabe is like lady, cause Julia would always go and sit by him/her and listen... and if you've seen it, youd probably see the connection if you thought about it hard enough. but squee i still love Ein and of course Ed!!!! two of the best characters created for endless comic relief..

also my ghost in the shell boxset is on its way to Barnes and Noble so i can pick it up in 4-6 days *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE*