Sign in to follow this  
Donna

Winter.

It's quite winterish here. Cold, windy and rainy. I hope there will be a spell of frost this winter so we can ice-skate on the canals Wink... I even hope it'll freeze so hard we'll finally have another Elfstedentocht (ice-skating marathon of 200 kms through one of the northern provinces)... it's been like ten years since the last one, damn global warming!

We finally got a break in the snow here.....until Saturday. I don't mind it so much b/c I kinda like shoveling. I just don't like having to walk 5 blocks to work like a damn mountain goat (at least that's what I feel like).

I'm sitting here in envy of all your snowy escapades. In the emerald isle at winter time, heck in fact for the majority of the year it's just rain, rain and more rain.. Which sounds fun in a singing-in-the kind of way, but live here for 17 years and it gets kind of old.. And depressing.. But running in rain and listening to music is really fun. So I'm contradicting myself. And loving it.

Ok I'm ranting now. In the span of 8 hours it has snowed about 2 inches, frozen rain on top, and it is now just pouring rain. Which is all fine and good until I have to drive to and from work. Then not only do I have to survive the absurd all-precipitation weather, but I also get to contend with the people who never knew how to drive in winter and those who have just forgotten how.

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Ok I'm ranting now. In the span of 8 hours it has snowed about 2 inches, frozen rain on top, and it is now just pouring rain. Which is all fine and good until I have to drive to and from work. Then not only do I have to survive the absurd all-precipitation weather, but I also get to contend with the people who never knew how to drive in winter and those who have just forgotten how.

I know how you feel. While on the way to work, some asshole tried to pass us. We were sliding like crazy. It took me about 20 minutes just to get to work.